1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2H setup

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by dbirdsong, Dec 19, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Ok, I did it, I bought a D2h today!
    Now it has been used by spanishbayonet and he sent me some nice photos from it today before we finalized the sale.
    But what I would like to know is there anything that I should be looking for when setting it up to use.
    I remember how much I hated my D70 when I first got it 16 months ago. It wasn't till I figured out some of the special settings that others recommended till I was happy with it.
    So are there any recommendations from you D2H users?
    Hopefully it will be here in time to photograph a hockey game with it on Friday night.

Dave

2. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    D2H Settings

Moose Peterson did have his D2H settings posted on his web site. When I bought my D2H I used them as a starting point while I figured out my own approach.

3. Hmm, I know this doesn't help you much, but here's my usual setup:

-A mode, exposure bias +0.3
    -Raw
    -High contrast/high sharpening (this affects only jpegs, and the RAW preview - helps to tell if your image is in focus or not)
    -Quick exposure comp on (transfer exposure comp to unused subdial)
    -Reverse main and sub command dial (used to having P-shift on the rear, so I want my A control to be on the rear also)
    -Image review on
    -Multi controller set to playback zoom (so you can zoom your preview and check focus instantly)
    -continuous file numbering on
    -auto ISO off (can't see what iso it's selected; if I had one of the newer bodies which displays the selected ISO, then I'd probably leave it on)
    -AF-C mode
    -FPS rate + AF priority

Non-electronic settings:
    -Custom split prism/microprism ring focusing screen
    -DK17M eyepiece
    -AH-4 Handstrap

Hope this helps! Would check for you exactly but my D2H is getting a new shutter at the moment.

Ming

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.