D2H setup

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dbirdsong, Dec 19, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Ok, I did it, I bought a D2h today!
    Now it has been used by spanishbayonet and he sent me some nice photos from it today before we finalized the sale.
    But what I would like to know is there anything that I should be looking for when setting it up to use.
    I remember how much I hated my D70 when I first got it 16 months ago. It wasn't till I figured out some of the special settings that others recommended till I was happy with it.
    So are there any recommendations from you D2H users?
    Hopefully it will be here in time to photograph a hockey game with it on Friday night.

Dave

2. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    D2H Settings

Moose Peterson did have his D2H settings posted on his web site. When I bought my D2H I used them as a starting point while I figured out my own approach.

3. Hmm, I know this doesn't help you much, but here's my usual setup:

-A mode, exposure bias +0.3
    -Raw
    -High contrast/high sharpening (this affects only jpegs, and the RAW preview - helps to tell if your image is in focus or not)
    -Quick exposure comp on (transfer exposure comp to unused subdial)
    -Reverse main and sub command dial (used to having P-shift on the rear, so I want my A control to be on the rear also)
    -Image review on
    -Multi controller set to playback zoom (so you can zoom your preview and check focus instantly)
    -continuous file numbering on
    -auto ISO off (can't see what iso it's selected; if I had one of the newer bodies which displays the selected ISO, then I'd probably leave it on)
    -AF-C mode
    -FPS rate + AF priority

Non-electronic settings:
    -Custom split prism/microprism ring focusing screen
    -DK17M eyepiece
    -AH-4 Handstrap

Hope this helps! Would check for you exactly but my D2H is getting a new shutter at the moment.

Ming