1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

    If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2h Vs D200

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vienna Pics, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Vienna Pics

    Vienna Pics

    Nov 14, 2005

    Wondering what the impact on the price of a D2H body will be once the D200 is readily available?

    Should I wait until the D200 is out or buy a D2H now?
  2. if you don't need it immediately, perhaps waiting a tiny bit more until more samples etc. leak out and people start selling off bodies faster. The impact on teh used market is already showing.
  3. There is a D2H for sale by Jonathonf2 at a VERY good price.
  4. My expectation is that price won't drop much more than $100 or so, so if you want one, I don't think you lose much by getting it now. I am debating at this time if a D200 will replace my D2H. I have one on order now that will do a fine job of replacing my D70, but I have to be darned sure regarding AF for it to do the job my D2H does.

    And I agree, the one Jonathan has up for sale is not just a good price, it is a GREAT price........
  5. dbirdsong

    dbirdsong Guest

    I know, I think I am going to buy his once he responds to my PM...
  6. You should be able to find a clean (10K click) D2H for the mid $1200's in Jan 06. That would be a real bargain for a fast/rugged PJ camera.

  7. If it were me in your shoes, I would wait on the D200 because I think this will be an exceptional camera for those who are buying it. However, you know what features you are looking for and if the D2H has what you want then you might want to consider buying it.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.