D2h ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by biggstr6, May 28, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I just got my D2x and noticed the Card door springs open when I push the hidden button. My D2h doesnt , I have to hold the door open ,push the button,then open the other door with my finger, then push the release button.

Is my D2h broke ,or is this a new feature on the D2x ? I never even questioned it until now . The spring loaded is much nicer.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My D2H works the same as yours, Nikon must have improved their design for the D2X.

3. Yes, and with this improvement, the D2x is now officially the world's most perfect camera. :)

4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi biggstr6-

my d2h does that occasionally but not always. i always thought it had to do with the rubber seal around the door sticking to the body.

ricky

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    My D2h door springs open occasionally. But most of the time it's stuck and I gotta give it a little nudge.

6. If you hold the CF door release button down on the D2H when you close the CF door, then it will spring open on the next time you depress the door release. Otherwise you must help it open. Strange way of doing things but try it on yours and let me know if it aint so.

7. My super 'early' (SN < 350 ) D2H opens 95% on the time with a push to the button. :lol: ....................... Sorry, couldn't resist. :twisted:

JohnG

8. billT

billT Guest

By Goerge your are right. I just tried it outo f curiosity and it really does you said.

BillT.

9. IxLr8

IxLr8 Guest

Funny, I just noticed that about my D2H as well. Damn, see what you guys started... Now i'm irritated!!!! That means I gotta go get another X now!!! :)

10. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Dave,

And just how many hours did you spend fiddling around with the door and release?

Inquiring minds need to know...(heh, heh)

Great tip to solve one of life's conundrums

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Well Ill Be. Thanks Dave , did I miss that in the manual or did you figure that out on your own ?

12. I figured it out while comparing it to the D2X just like what prompted your question.