D2h ?

I just got my D2x and noticed the Card door springs open when I push the hidden button. My D2h doesnt , I have to hold the door open ,push the button,then open the other door with my finger, then push the release button.

Is my D2h broke ,or is this a new feature on the D2x ? I never even questioned it until now . The spring loaded is much nicer.

fks

hi biggstr6-

my d2h does that occasionally but not always. i always thought it had to do with the rubber seal around the door sticking to the body.

ricky

biggstr6 said:
I just got my D2x and noticed the Card door springs open when I push the hidden button. My D2h doesnt , I have to hold the door open ,push the button,then open the other door with my finger, then push the release button.

Is my D2h broke ,or is this a new feature on the D2x ? I never even questioned it until now . The spring loaded is much nicer.

gho

My D2h door springs open occasionally. But most of the time it's stuck and I gotta give it a little nudge.

If you hold the CF door release button down on the D2H when you close the CF door, then it will spring open on the next time you depress the door release. Otherwise you must help it open. Strange way of doing things but try it on yours and let me know if it aint so.

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
biggstr6 said:

My super 'early' (SN < 350 ) D2H opens 95% on the time with a push to the button. :lol: ....................... Sorry, couldn't resist. :twisted:

JohnG

B

billT

dmwphoto said:
If you hold the CF door release button down on the D2H when you close the CF door, then it will spring open on the next time you depress the door release. Otherwise you must help it open. Strange way of doing things but try it on yours and let me know if it aint so.
By Goerge your are right. I just tried it outo f curiosity and it really does you said.

BillT.

I

IxLr8

Funny, I just noticed that about my D2H as well. Damn, see what you guys started... Now i'm irritated!!!! That means I gotta go get another X now!!! :)

Thanks Dave,

And just how many hours did you spend fiddling around with the door and release?

Inquiring minds need to know...(heh, heh)

Great tip to solve one of life's conundrums

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom