D2hs and d2x sample files wanted

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Haibane, May 5, 2007.

1. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Can someone send me a sample .nef file or .dng file where each of these cameras are taking a portrait shot? email reevo1985@gmail.com IF you have one and not the other please go ahead and send anyhow.

2. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    anyone?

3. One on the way. D2x, natural light.

4. Assuming my ISP lets the 19+ megabite file go through.

EDIT: Rejected by server: file too large.

Sorry.

5. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    haha shoot... wonder how I could get this... go to yousendit

6. Done. Now tell all of us inquiring minds what it is your up to. ;-)

7. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    nice. I am debating whether I want a d2hs or a d2x... I really think I will use it as my main and keep my d2h as a second body. I really don't like the d2x, cause its not a d2h ;). but I want to compare portrait shots as my mom's n70 that I used at iso 6 with portra film blew my d2h's portraits out of the water. I think a d2hs could be the solution, but I might want a d2x, cause while I have a passion for sports photography, most of my stuff is portraits that I get paid for.

8. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    great picture btw

9. Thanks.

You won't be upset if you get the D2x. It is a fantastic camera. The files are amazing in the amount of detail they capture. The down side, is the storage space and computer horsepower needed to deal with files of this size.

10. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    I'm not missing any detail in what I have now.

11. James,
    now WAIT a minute - are you saying you are HAPPY with a camera you already HAVE ? AMAZING !!! (ha)
    I agree with your findins; I like the results from my D2h (although I haven't fired but a thousand shots) and surprisingly, loved the results I got from the D1 !!! (wish I had it back, new owner refuses to give it back!)
    I got fantastic shots at the Outer Banks in B&W, and Pelicans in flight with the D2h,
    have fun
    dit

12. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Ditto, my only issue atm, is the color tones of people. In film, people look a lot better than most of my digitan shots. d2x file didn't seem to help much. Maybe it was the fact I shot in iso 6 and loved the low noise so maybe the d2hs will help that. If all else fails hit up noise ninja lol.

13. James, you may have seen it in the exif, but the shot I sent you was at ISO 400. In studio conditions at ISO 100 the files are cleaner. Are you concerned with skin tones in digital? Just curious what it is that you are trying get out of the digital that you have not been able to get so far. Also you should note that my son (the one in the photo sent) is very very fair skinned. He is actually that pale. Don't know if that helps, perhaps my file was not a good one for this test. Hope it all works out for you.

14. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    In RAW, there is ABSOLUTELY no difference between the D2H and the D2Hs...no matter how BADLY you want there to be.

15. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    I've seen this before

ah he is fair skinned that really helps. I am concerned with skin tones in digital. It just doesn't look as peachy. Iso 100 might be fun, but I don't know that I need it. If thats the issue neat image should do the trick on an iso 200 image

16. And therein lies the issue. It's nothing to do with digital A vs digital B vs film, it's an entirely subjective preference of the person shooting and processing the images.

If any one camera was "best" as rendering skintones every photographer shooting that genre of image would use that gear.

17. Woody is right on!! I would be more concerned with noise than tone!

18. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    so the camera i've always wanted is the next step. d2hs.

19. I've seen some stunning model photography done with the D2h... David Birdsong comes to mind. I didn't care much for the way he processed his stuff but there was no knocking the skintones, and there are others here who have great success with the H.