D2hs and My Hols

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jgrove, Sep 2, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Oops looks like i have missed the site upgrade, just getting used to the new look! Anyway not long back off my hols after getting married we went with our 3 children, but plan for a HoneyMoon later this year.

I have always struggled with WB but decided to use Preset for this shot, and i love the colours. This is from the camera with no editing apart to convert it to JPEG in NC 4.3.1

[​IMG]

On a slightly different topic, my heart goes out to all those in need in the Gulf Coast area of the US.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  2. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    J,

Firstly - congratulations on your recent steps !

Nice pic - that looks so smooth and colourful, almost want to reach out and grab it.

3. Perfect time of day to capture the beautiful background and still not have the palms blow out with artificial light. Good balance.

4. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Thanks for your comments i have sent it to a printer to get a nice 18*12 print done for my wall!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful. I like it alot.

Will look wonderful printed , framed and hung. Much better than internet :>)))))))

6. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Thanks Gale, hopefully what i see on my screen will be the same in the print as i havent properly calibrated my monitor! (I so far have used Adobe Gamma)

7. mcampos

mcampos

Apr 14, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    >> my heart goes out <<

Thanks James.

8. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    James,
    My monitor is calibrated. Your picture has beautul color. You'll love the print. By the way, the D2h(s) makes beautiful 12 x 18 prints.

Mike