D2Hs arrived today...thanks Andreas

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Sandro Bravo, May 31, 2007.

1. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    This is the camera i was waiting for to complement my D200...i'd like to thanks Andreas, it was a pleasure doing business with him and i wouldn't hesitate in doing it again....it was a really fast, flawless process with a very polite and honest person.

I'm now in a current state of camera-body lust....and from the small sample i got just shooting some Jpegs at high-iso, it will be the camera coming out of the bag when the light goes down.....i took also a couple of high-ISO RAW photos that also looked clean, even with the Sharpening set to +2.

I'll do some proper (real) testing as soon as i have the time for it and will post it here. Not only high-iso stuff, but some 500 F4 sessions...hopefully the surf will be good for it next weekend.

You can check some here, nothing elaborated, taken with the 50 1.8, handheld at wide-apertures, so not the sharpest:

http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/d2hs_highiso_test

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Andreas is one of the greatest:>)))))

3. People can say what they want about noise at high ISOs on the Nikons, but the color on the D2Hs at ISO 1600 is quite good given that it is about EV 4-5.

4. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    From what i've seen so far, even the colours at ISO 3200 don't change much at all, and the noise is also very low for this setting....

ISO 800 on the D2Hs looks at least as good as ISO 400 on my D200, at first notice....from what i've seen in many Canon Mark II, III and even 5D photos, there isn't any visible difference in noise. I was expecting these Jpegs to be noisier since i had Sharpening set to +2, NR set to OFF and the light was low...but no...they're not. :biggrin:

5. Congratulations, I know you have been looking at this body for a while and I am glad you found one here. I would love to have one, too....but for know I will have to be happy with the D2H.

6. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
  7. Congrats Sandro! You're going to love this cam. I should know, it was once mine :wink: .

Agree, Andreas is a gentlemen.

8. Larty

Larty

Apr 12, 2007
    U.S.A.
    Who is Andreas?
    And does he have more D2Hs?

Hehe.

9. Can I ask you guys where there is a good place to post nikon gear for sale?
    I have sold a ton of canon stuff on potn but there such place for nikon it seems.

10. mugman

mugman

Dec 2, 2006
    California
    There is a "for sale" forum right here on this site. After your post count reaches 25, it will be available to you.

11. Thanks Mugman.