D2Hs arrived today...thanks Andreas

This is the camera i was waiting for to complement my D200...i'd like to thanks Andreas, it was a pleasure doing business with him and i wouldn't hesitate in doing it again....it was a really fast, flawless process with a very polite and honest person.

I'm now in a current state of camera-body lust....and from the small sample i got just shooting some Jpegs at high-iso, it will be the camera coming out of the bag when the light goes down.....i took also a couple of high-ISO RAW photos that also looked clean, even with the Sharpening set to +2.

I'll do some proper (real) testing as soon as i have the time for it and will post it here. Not only high-iso stuff, but some 500 F4 sessions...hopefully the surf will be good for it next weekend.

You can check some here, nothing elaborated, taken with the 50 1.8, handheld at wide-apertures, so not the sharpest:

http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/d2hs_highiso_test

People can say what they want about noise at high ISOs on the Nikons, but the color on the D2Hs at ISO 1600 is quite good given that it is about EV 4-5.
From what i've seen so far, even the colours at ISO 3200 don't change much at all, and the noise is also very low for this setting....

ISO 800 on the D2Hs looks at least as good as ISO 400 on my D200, at first notice....from what i've seen in many Canon Mark II, III and even 5D photos, there isn't any visible difference in noise. I was expecting these Jpegs to be noisier since i had Sharpening set to +2, NR set to OFF and the light was low...but no...they're not. :biggrin:

Congratulations, I know you have been looking at this body for a while and I am glad you found one here. I would love to have one, too....but for know I will have to be happy with the D2H.

This ISO 1600 shot was taken in RAW, NR OFF...my D200 wouldn't do that....

Original full-size -> http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/image/79939889/original

79939889.8yDYa0QX.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congrats Sandro! You're going to love this cam. I should know, it was once mine :wink: .

Agree, Andreas is a gentlemen.

Can I ask you guys where there is a good place to post nikon gear for sale?
I have sold a ton of canon stuff on potn but there such place for nikon it seems.

Can I ask you guys where there is a good place to post nikon gear for sale?
I have sold a ton of canon stuff on potn but there such place for nikon it seems.

There is a "for sale" forum right here on this site. After your post count reaches 25, it will be available to you.

Latest threads

Top Bottom