D2Hs current market value in US

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by ciocc, Jul 10, 2008.

1. What do you think the current market value of a low actuation D2Hs is? I am trying to sell mine, it has less then 8K actuations and the body is in EX+ condition.

2. I have seen prices range from low around $8-900 as high as $1200.00
    I would think you want to sell it before the D700 comes out as that is going to drive older bodies down in my opinion. Right now people are trying to get $14-1700 for D2x(s) which seems crazy to me when you can get a used or new D300 for that and I do realize they are not the same camera. The D2hs is a specialized camera, perfect for journalism or sports ( I use my D2H for sports).

AM

3. Gnarl

Gnarl

Jun 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm guessing around $1100-$1200. I recently bought a low-mileage D2h w/ a L-bracket for $700.

4. Why are you selling? I'm thinking of buying one as my prime body. Have you had good experiences with it? I have seen EX+ on KEH.com for 1250-1350. Good Luck

5. Why am I selling it?

I have jumped to the other side of the fence for the "cheap" full frame. My experience with it has been nothing but great. I used to shoot cycling races, and this cam has been perfect for that. This is actually my second D2Hs. I sold my first one after last cycling season, and used my D200 for a while, but re-purchased this one because I missed its performance and ergonomics. Had I stay with Nikon, I would have kept this cam. Selling it at such low price really makes me sick.

If you are interested, feel free to give me an offer via PM. Thanks.