D2hs does concert.... ;)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Sandro Bravo, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    I went to a surf mag award show / concert and ended up shooting part of it with a D2Hs and 50mm F1.8.

Most were shot at ISO 1600 ( NR ON) and the 3200 shots were with the custom curve i did some days ago and was already debated on this forum.

These were all shot in RAW and converted without any PP to JPEG.

http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/concert

UPDATE: i had some photos posted directly here but it seems like the PBase links only show red x.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2007
  2. sebastian73

sebastian73

Apr 24, 2007
    Switzerland
    Hi Sandro,

Nice work. Did you shoot with matrix or with spotmetering?

best regards
    Sebastian :smile:

3. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    Thanks Sebastian. I used matrix and applied -1EV since it avoids blowing the highlights with all those stage lights going off.

4. Sandro, I have a D2H and you are getting much better noise reduction with your D2Hs than I ever do with my camera. Those are really some nice shots. Great work.