D2x AF-S vs AF-C

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jklofft, Sep 6, 2005.

1. I've noticed that my D2x focus is more consistent with AF-S then with AF-C. I tried setting both to focus priority to ensure the camera had confirmed focus. Anyone else seen anything similiar? I'm not saying that I have a focus issue, it is dead on with AF-S and more hit or miss with AF-C.

2. I never had this trouble with film. I have missed more great shots. I just got back from Alaska. All my AF-S still shots were great. I used AF-C, AF-S, and all combo's with focus priorities. Still can't take a Flight shot of a bird.
    Why is it so hard to do? I don't think I am that dumb. I use to take shots of 200 MPH cars and drivers at swimming meets and the shots were perfect. With my D2x my "pan" shots are terrible.

I saw a person with the "big" Cannon and he too was having problems with his equipment. Sounded like all the problems some D2x owners were having. (DOF, BF, FF, flight shots etc)
    So going to Cannon ain't the answer.

Do I give up and go back to film??? NO... I love digital. Why is it so hard to take pan (and flight) shots with digital? It can't be just me....

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Interesting. I use AF-C via the AF-ON button 100% of the time. Haven't noticed any problems with it yet, but haven't really done a lot of "action" shots yet either.

4. I have the same issue, have tried all group modes nothing seems to help, I'm hoping for a firmware updae to fix this. BTW MY D100 nails it pretty much every time, when I point it correctly...