D2X and flowers closeups

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Dec 30, 2005.

1. The last few days were partialy spent on learning how to use my brand new D2X (a Christmas gift from my lovely wife!!!). It's definitively a powerful camera but I feel that the learning road will be a long one for me.:Crunk:

Here're some closeups of orchids and flowers taken with a Tamron 90mm macro and SB800.

2. Dao,
    These are REALLY nice! Your wife really hit a home run here, with your eye and skill, and this equipment, we are in for some real nice images in 2006!
    congratulations!
    Dave

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dao,
    Very very nice. Beautiful images and flowers.

Glad you like your new tool. In your hands with your skill I think you will do this camera well.

Nice to see you posting again. Always in for a treat when I happily see your name.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Exquisite...:smile: love the framing as well...great work !!

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Dao, what a wonderful Christmas gift...not just for you, but the rest of us as well since we'll be able to enjoy your wonderful photos from your new gift! Beautiful orchids...remind me of my paternal grandmother who used to grow them in her indoor pool/hot house! Alas she is long gone, but your pics serve as a sweet reminder. Thank you.

I too love your framing...just the right touch to enhance, but not detract. Well done.

Happy New Year!

7. Dave,

thanks for the appreciation. I'm now set with the equipment... except for a long lens like a 200-400mm or a 500mm (but that «miracle» will not be for next year for sure, wife said!):smile:

8. Dear Gale, thanks for the kind words. 2006 will be fun! :smile:

9. Mike,

a great thank for the appreciations.

10. Leigh,

I appreciate your words a lot. And thanks for your input (and Mike's one too) about the framing. Orchids are beautiful flowers with quite a variety.

11. Wonderful flowers! I love the 2nd one with the dark background. It looks like art!

12. Beautiful image Dao and also a beautiful gift. Your wife is to be commended for her good taste loving gesture. Look forward to many more images like this.

13. Wonderful images Dao. I love the framing too. I am looking forward to many more posts from you. Enjoy your new toy.

14. Dao,
    I feel like I met you today through Frits posts. Sure hope I do it in person soon! you got to love that new camera, your bride must be really special!
    Dave

15. Well done. Nicely lit and composed.

16. Thanks, Dave. Sure hope to meet you in person one of these days.

17. AnnS, Crystall and Muril

Thanks for your appreciations!

18. Gordon,

Thanks for your kind words.

Surely she gave me a beautiful Christmas gift. But she also said : I'm relief not to hear about a new camera for the next 4 years. :biggrin: :biggrin:.