D2X and Nikkor 135/2 DC - A sharp combination

Hello Friends,

Just signed up an account on PBase and thought to share some vistas of my city. This is the old building of Coffee Commerce in Santos, shot in a beautiful, bright day.

It is funny to say but my 135/2 was a long time inside my cabinet without being used, since I acquried the 70-200/2.8.

I was impressed with the quality at infinity and with the viewfinder clarity as well.

Hope you like it.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Thanks Kevin,

Can you tell me if I am breaking the forum's rules posting this size ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Kind Regards

Real Name
Chris
Wonderful architectural details Roberto! I think many more buldings should be festooned with statues and frills. It would make our cities more approachable and more fun to be inside them. Thank you for these, and the lens seems like it would be a blast to shoot with.

Can you tell me if I am breaking the forum's rules posting this size ?

Sorry for my bad english.

You type English quite well.

You can post images here of any size. The forum software will resize anything more than 960 pixels wide to 960 pixels wide. Anything less than 960 will not be resized. If you click on a resized image, it will open at full size in a seperate window.

The forum does not have any restriction on the size of the image, we limit the display width so text will all fit in one screen width for the common browser window setups.

So post away Roberto - we love seeing your city.
(ps, if you put your first name in your signature, it will make it easier for people to remember it when they reply.)

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply, solving some of my doubts.

By the way, really loved your flamingo shots posted in your web page.

We have some hear, but the plumage lacks the pinkish color seen in your pictures, maybe due to the absence of the algae they commonly feed on.

Regards,

Roberto.

Hi Roberto,

These are really nice photos. Your city looks like a lovely place.

The images you have posted are making me want the 135/2 lens. (I have the 105/2 DC, which is excellent.)

Please keep on posting.

Best wishes,

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your kind words.

The 135/2 is a great tool and I just found new possibilities coupled with the 2X. It is so damn sharp and balances nicely when mounted on a Heavy camera.

By the way, loved your quote. Have studied Biology and learnt to love the sea since my grown up days.

Kind regards

Hi smera,

Great shots. A great example of what this fine hunk of glass can do. I have one too and that is one lens I'll never regret having bought.

Hi Steve,

Have heard a lot of mixed reviews about the 135 DC, some good and some not so good.

The thing is I never doubted about its performance coupled with the 2X. Maybe the sensor only covers the sweet spot of the lens ???

Kind Regards,

Roberto

smera said:
Hi Steve,

Have heard a lot of mixed reviews about the 135 DC, some good and some not so good.

The thing is I never doubted about its performance coupled with the 2X. Maybe the sensor only covers the sweet spot of the lens ???

Kind Regards,

Roberto

Not sure about the sweet spot - 1. I don't really know how to "test" lenses (because I'd rather use them 8) ) and I don't have a film body to try it out on. 2. I decided to buy this lens after reading Ron Resnick's reveiw of it. I trust his word a lot more than many, and as usual, he was spot on.

The only problem I had with mine was the built in hood... it would get stuck in the extended position which was a problem because I couldn't put the lens cap back on until I got it unstuck. Ron's solutuion of buying the b + w hood worked perfect though.

Steve

Roberto,

Beautiful images. Most impressive argument for considering the 135DC too. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom