D2X arrived an hour ago!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Larry Gleason, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    The battery be acharging!! CoolWalker battery charging too!

Monday, 4/4/05

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice nice

3. Larry -

Congratulations! You will love it. Can't wait to see what you can do with it...

4. Well Larry your only limits now is your imagination. Congratulations.

5. Okay Larry, now I am jealous. Dumb question, but I will give you an excuse to gloat...

How do you like it?

Also, I am very curious about the Coolwalker. I have seen posts on DPR which are less than enthusiastic. I have been holding off on a digital wallet until I hear a few reviews from users here.

6. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    The D1X has been a fine machine and will continue to be so. I have mirrored the D2X settings to the 1X and will readjust as needed. I see a need for a 2d battery cover since I did get a 2d battery. Those are seconds lost in swapping the cover from one bat to the next. The battery covers come on the D1X bats so all you do is slide out/slide in. I do manual preview of every few shots to check exposure. I will need to adjust to the larger/brighter screen. I've been using the D1X so long that I know what I have in less than 1 second. No doubt the D2X is a great camera.

I still have the original Digital Wallet but it is only useful for my Oly cameras. I'm not worried about the Coolwalker. All I want is basic storage if I can't get back to my computer the same day. As I did with the DW I seek an AC source for operation. I did get a 2gb CF in the D2X order but I also have spare 1 gb MDs.

7. Have fun with that beast of a camera Larry!! :D :D :D :D :D

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrat's Larry. I know how long you have waited, and I'm glad to hear that you finally got yours.

Let's see some pics!!

:p

Frank

9. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    I must say, the shots are bright and nice in the camera monitor. In fact, the exposure appears to be higher than my computer monitor that gives me a good indication of print exposures. I've knocked my camera monitor back to -1 and may go further if necessary. Its nice to have a bright view but I'd rather have the monitor and actual exposure closer together (you know, YGWYS). Anyone else that has fooled with this aspect?? Whoops, back to the basketball game. Second half started. I've to go with the ACC since that is conference for FSU (ugly in basketball).

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Larry,
    I'm happy for you.. congratulations and I'll be looking for those pictures.

Great that you finally got the D2X .

Best to you,
    Gaye

11. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    I did some early morning shots. A bit under exposed on my computer but spot on using the gallery's system (way more than I could afford). Exposure learning curve is certain but always things for adjustment with a new camera.

I only took the 12-24 with me as it is the most difficult of all my lenses to meter Only one not f2.8. A C. Polz was in use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Congratulations Larry!!! Was it worth waiting for?

The pictures you took have great color some nice detail.

Have fun. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Since you have been reading that manual over and over again, you should be a pro by now and now you can teach us old dogs some new tricks.

Enjoy Larry