D2X at ISO 800 - Pleased!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Joe_Lorenzini, Apr 7, 2005.

1. THQ Supercross race this past Saturday.

Went to experiment with higher ISO and low light settings and had a lot of fun. However, I should have taken more care to record my settings as the EXIF doesn't seem to tell you when you're using AutoISO as opposed to a fixed value.

This one went through Noise Ninja but I would have been ok with it even if I didn't have it. I'll probably blur out the background a bit more just to make the subject stand out more...

Bottom line is I would not hesitate to use this camera at ISO 800.

D2X, 70-200VR at 200mm (HSC), 1/500 @ f/2.8 with an EV +2.0.
    [​IMG]

As much as I'm learning to love this camera when the racers were on the other side of the track I ran into similar problems to what Jim Trenton's describing (used AFS and MF with similar results). It will be interesting to hear what happens when they examine his D2X...

_/oe

2. Nice shot Joe!! :) :) :) :)

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Good shot, Joe

So Joe - you were having focus problems from farther away? I'd be interested to hear your settings and experience.

Welcome back from Hawaii by the way. We'd be glad to see more of those copter shots when you have the time.

Tom

4. Very nice Joe, keep them coming.

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;