D2x at Zion

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JC, Mar 7, 2005.

1. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Here are a few quickly processed shots from today. The up-canyon view was not cropped, the sunrise cropped only at the top and bottom, and the bridge shot was cropped only to straighten it. :? (But sorry, Frank, no magic. It was still a great day.)

I can't wait until spring when the canyon gets more colorful.

Joel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joel,

These look pretty colorful now.... 8)

Nice shots.

Frank

4. JC -

That's a beautiful place, and I'm sure there's always good scenic opportunities any time of year. I'm also sure you'll be back in the spring... :)

Would you mind posting a larger version of the third pic? I would love to see some of the detail!

5. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    OK, David, this one's for you. (I hope it doesn't offend anyone else by its size.)

Joel

[​IMG]

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joel,

I know that there are still folks on dial up, and to them I apologize, but in general, we don't mind big images here on the Cafe. On thing you should know however, is that any image over 960 pixels wide will be resized by the Cafe software to prevent the image from going off of the right side of the screen.

To display your images at the best possible quality, it is to your advantage to keep them at or below 960 pixels wide.

Regards,

Frank

7. Thanks Joel -

Clicking a couple times gets back to the original image (once to pull up a separate window, then again to get past IE's "shrink").

I am officially drooling now...

8. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Frank,

I noticed that it was resized and had a dotted-line border. I usually just post 800 across.

David,

Yes, the detail is impressive. I'll see if I can dig up my WinZip registration and send you the NEF. (I'm on a new computer and have to reload all that stuff.)

One thing the D2x has shown me is that I may have to invest in new and better lenses. This shot was taken with the 24-120 VR at 38mm. The lens gets better as it gets longer. I've gotten a Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 recently, because the cost of the D2x put me off the Nikon 17-55. The Sigma is actually quite nice. The sunrise was taken with it, and I expect the canyon view would have been a bit better with it, as well.

Regards,

Joel

9. JC -

Thanks! I'd love to see it.