D2x Buffer question

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by PGB, Jun 29, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ok, this morning on the way into work I saw an Agwagon (cropduster) spreading the poison.

I was shooting in 12mp and then switched to HSC mode. I had shot about 8 or so in full mode. I was unable to shoot in HSC after I switched, the display said busy. I was thinking that I should be able to switch on the fly and it still fire. Am I wrong?

After the green led by the cf slot stopped I was able to shoot. This happened several times before but never thought anything about it.

Is this normal?

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You got some slowa$$ card in that 2X, Patrick, or what? :shock: :wink: Apparently, it must completely clear the buffer in full frame mode before it can start writing in HSC mode. I didn't know that!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Well I can understand it if I'm in hsc mode and then switch to 12mp. But if I'm in 12mp and want to quickly switch to HSC I would think that since I'm going to the smaller resolution and file size that I should be able to immediately use the camera and its buffer for HSC shots.

One thing I did notice though. If I've shot several frames in a row in full mode and switch to HSC and i get the busy indicator if I switch back to full mode I can shoot again without a delay. I know that in the time that I switch it hasn't emptied the buffer completely because I see the light on the card slot glowing.

Steve, I have an 80x 4gb card. Its pretty quick I think! :)

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;