D2X crop from Popeye

Bernie sent me a crop of one of the full frame shots he sent to Harris, this was taken with the Nikon 800 on the D2X in crop mode so it is 1600mm this is a crop of the original, the detail is pretty outstanding this was shot at 200 yards.
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is pretty amazing.... :shock:

I definitely DO NOT NEED that camera.... :lol: :lol:

Well, comparatively speaking, I would only see a 1/3 factor increase in frame coverage for a given lens, since I grew up with, and have become accustomed to the current Nikon DSLR 1.5 crop factor (2.0 / 1.5 = 4 / 3 = 1.33333).

So that means that my 300mm f2.8 would only seem to be a 400mm f2.8, not a 600mm f2.8. Hmmmm....let's see. A 400mm f2.8 costs $7,699.95 at B&H, and the D2X costs $4,999.95.

So you are saying that I could tell Janie that I'm saving $2,700, not spending $5,000?? Think she'd go for that??

Bahahahahahahahaha.... :p

Thanks old buddy.... 8)

Flew said:
So you are saying that I could tell Janie that I'm saving $2,700, not spending $5,000?? Think she'd go for that??

Thanks old buddy.... 8)

Let me know how that works for you. I may have Nancy give Janie a call after you get your D2X. Or will I be decades dead by then :?: :?:

Retief said:
Let me know how that works for you. I may have Nancy give Janie a call after you get your D2X. Or will I be decades dead by then :?: :?:

I don't know about you Bill, but I probably will be.... 8)

Flew said:
Retief said:

I don't know about you Bill, but I probably will be.... 8)

Before or after you speak with Janie :?: :?:

Let's put it this way....Janie was concerned about the $500 she thought I was going to spend on a digital camera back in late 2003. Boy, was she in for a shock.... :roll:

If the most expensive item you purchase related to photography is the camera you are not doing it right.

I met people the last 2 weeks who have changed their whole styles over this stuff

POPEYE

Bernie,

The cams were not the most expensive things, the lenses were. That was my original point. If I can buy a cam that will keep me from buying more lenses, I'll save money, at least in the short term.... 8)

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Mike
Do you know if that shot is of the tree with the nest in back of the wet lands.

Richard

Bernie, that pic is disgustingly clear and coherent. I remember how far away that tree and nest were.

The D2X has been out of my thinking (for the most part) until recently when my curiosity is starting to get the better of me. One thing that strikes me is that the increased pixel density of the sensor is going to make it that much more susceptible to dust bunnies. Might have to start calling them "dust hippos" now... A quick look at the above pic and I only see one spot that might qualify, but it's pretty small (just to the left of the eagle's right leg).

David,
Thanks for pointing that dust spot out to everyone, I'll tell nikon to clean their cameras before I borrow one again. BTW how are you cleaning your sensor? i'm trying to come up with method that doesn't leave long term damage.

POPEYE

I've been using a fairly large bulb sprayer when I can, but then resorting to Eclipse and Pec Pads on a modified Wendy's knife for the stubborn spots that can't be blown off. I've noticed that more humid areas (like Florida) seem to create bigger problems when attempting to use the blower, though.

I do get concerned about long-term damage that this can cause, but there are times when blowing just won't get the spots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom