D2X cures buyers remorse...wow (1st pics shown)

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Vernon t, May 8, 2005.

1. Shortest case ever.
    This is the most expensive thing I've bought in a couple of decades, short of vehicles and real estate. My one vice so what the heck!!!

It's first two ours of the B&H bubble packing.
    When I get further along in the learning curve this hunk of technology is going to be awsome.

First few shots here.
    These are from San Antonio's Blue Star art complex "First Friday" night held each month.
    The dancers, amazingly, are shot under illumination from three little incandescent lights in little clip-on hardware store aluminum reflectors.
    The woman in the glasses(one of my gyno-partners) was shot handheld at 1/20th f1.4 underexposed about 3 stops in near darkness, the SA River shot is handheld 6 seconds held against a shaky railing. Thank you, thank you, thank you Nikon.
    These are resized to 1/35th to 1/50th the original size! Wow, wow. Quasi-coital ecstasy, am I sick or what??
    The 85.1.4 helps, of course, all at ISO 640, Curves, PS8USM, no NR(wow).
    Note to my mom...happy mother's day and, your lovely daughter-in-law hasn't notices the little "h" on the camera is now an "X"...ssssshhhhh.

View attachment 8408

View attachment 8409

View attachment 8410

View attachment 8411

View attachment 8412

View attachment 8413

View attachment 8414

2. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Vernix,

Man forget about mothers day, you got your D2X !

If these are your first few shots then I reckon you wont have much of a learning curve - damn fine shots !

The colours I hear are a little more neutral (read that: more life-like) than the D2H

I'll find out soon enough - mine is close too.

Congratulations !

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Yowser! I guess no remorse!

These vivid colors and clarity are outstanding, and I have to commend you on your steadiness, Vern! Even that shot of your partner ain't bad, if a tad hazy. Using my IE's EXIF Viewer, I see you also used (guessing here), your 70-200VR for a couple of these shots?

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Very nice. I saw on your pbase site where you said you moved the D2h strap over to help hide the new x. Nice :) 

6. Vernon,

Nice job! I'm trying to make my D2x look like an Olympus E-1. So far so good......wife hasn't notived ...yet.

Regards

7. LOL...sbuttrick

Oly to D2X....you're better that I.

Reminds me of the shots of Iraqi's using cardboard props to get tanks to look like pickup trucks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.