D2X cures buyers remorse...wow (1st pics shown)

Shortest case ever.
This is the most expensive thing I've bought in a couple of decades, short of vehicles and real estate. My one vice so what the heck!!!

It's first two ours of the B&H bubble packing.
When I get further along in the learning curve this hunk of technology is going to be awsome.

First few shots here.
These are from San Antonio's Blue Star art complex "First Friday" night held each month.
The dancers, amazingly, are shot under illumination from three little incandescent lights in little clip-on hardware store aluminum reflectors.
The woman in the glasses(one of my gyno-partners) was shot handheld at 1/20th f1.4 underexposed about 3 stops in near darkness, the SA River shot is handheld 6 seconds held against a shaky railing. Thank you, thank you, thank you Nikon.
These are resized to 1/35th to 1/50th the original size! Wow, wow. Quasi-coital ecstasy, am I sick or what??
The 85.1.4 helps, of course, all at ISO 640, Curves, PS8USM, no NR(wow).
Note to my mom...happy mother's day and, your lovely daughter-in-law hasn't notices the little "h" on the camera is now an "X"...ssssshhhhh.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 8408

View attachment 8409

View attachment 8410

View attachment 8411

View attachment 8412

View attachment 8413

View attachment 8414

Vernix,

Man forget about mothers day, you got your D2X !

If these are your first few shots then I reckon you wont have much of a learning curve - damn fine shots !

The colours I hear are a little more neutral (read that: more life-like) than the D2H

I'll find out soon enough - mine is close too.

Congratulations !

Yowser! I guess no remorse!

These vivid colors and clarity are outstanding, and I have to commend you on your steadiness, Vern! Even that shot of your partner ain't bad, if a tad hazy. Using my IE's EXIF Viewer, I see you also used (guessing here), your 70-200VR for a couple of these shots?

LOL...sbuttrick

Oly to D2X....you're better that I.

Reminds me of the shots of Iraqi's using cardboard props to get tanks to look like pickup trucks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom