D2x & D1x images

Discussion in 'Birds' started by phillip 200, May 31, 2005.

1. some from this month some are taken with my D2x before it decided to kill itself, maybe getting it back sometime this week. all images with my sigma 800mm HSM F5.6 prime. :D :roll:

Phillip.
    dipper-d2x
    [​IMG]

peregrine-falcon-d2x
    [​IMG]

blacktailed-godwit-d2x
    [​IMG]

woodsand-piper-d2x
    [​IMG]

reed-bunting-d1x
    [​IMG]

reed-warbler-d1x
    [​IMG]

common-redstart-d1x
    [​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Sorry to hear about your D2x, but it looks like you got some nice shots w/it ( and the D1X as well). Maybe it will be back soon and better than ever. Cheers!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well lets see what the combo is here.. One great photog with great tools.....

Beatuiful images.

Thank you for sharing.

4. Those are a great set of bird images.

Russ

5. AAAH another Sigma 800 and D2X user! I'm having the hardest time getting sharp shots with my 800 and the D2X, worked better with the D2H any suggestions?

6. Hi Andreas I really struggled when I first used my 800 with my D2x I ended up getting a new tripod gitzo 1327 Mk2 and changed my long lens technique slightly the very small pixel size of the d2x does exaggerate the tiniest amount of movement where I could quite happily shoot at 1/30 of a second with my D1x and be quite sloppy in my technique you cannot do this with the D2x it really does show up any sloppy technique some of the dipper images were shot as low as 1/25 @ iso200 which should give you any indication of how low of the light was. Must thank everyone for taking the time to look and comment.

Phillip.

7. All nicely done Phillip........I mean the nice color saturation on the D1x......... what happened to your D2x?

8. Hi Keith the metering went all funny then you would press the shutter and it would open and stay open then a kind of sizzling noise and the autofocus would not autofocus and eventually it just refused to take a image and FEE came up with all my lenses. It's been with nikon UK for two weeks now they got the parts on the 31st I telephoned yesterday and still wasn't repaired as the technician was away I did have a few choice words to say to them, normally it wouldn't be a problem if it took longer than normal to repair but I did need it for a particular set of images that I was commissioned to take, they did stipulate a particular file size requirement and my D1x was not large enough even though they agreed the image quality was good ??? Anyway I have to ring them back on Monday morning to see if it has been done, if so I will get it back Tuesday morning before 9 AM as I am off to the south of France.

Phillip

9. Great series Phillip, wonderful shots, keep them coming.