D2x does dog agility

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by RKnecht, May 7, 2007.

1. These shots were the result of my first time out with my newly aquired D2x. I am glad the controls are identical to my D2h. The one thing I really like is the ability to switch netween full resolution and HSC mode. Sharpness is what I would expect from a 12.4MP camera, but I feel it can be sharper. Practice is definitely needed. Take a look and tell me what you think. As always, C&C is always welcomed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these were taken with my D2x and 80-200 2.8. I had to throw in a couple little dogs since my last post features big dogs:smile:

2. Bravo Rich! These are great!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Look great to me.
    Nice work

4. Just plain old fantastic look pretty darn sharp to me

5. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    sharpness is best determined at 50-100%, it is impossible to tell from these (which look great, but are reduced 25-50 fold in size).

In general I have found the X (I use the Xs) to be more touchy about focus, I get less keepers than with the Hs, a function of both the more picky AF and the increased resolution makes AF misses glaringly obvious and incrases the odds of camera shake even at high shutters with big glass.

6. Rich,

Great captures. I'm sure the owners will love 'em.

Best,

7. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Well done, you got those nicely framed in the hoop and spot on focus. Great stuff :smile:

8. Beautiful! What more can I say? I love the intensity on the dog's faces.

9. gorgeous shots!

10. Thanks for all the positive comments. Judging from all the pictures I uploaded, it looks like the D2x is going to be one heck of a "partner" to my D2h.