1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2X does marathon. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pbenedic, Apr 11, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    So I finished in time to snap my friend finishing (remember I asked for advice last week). I was using my sigma 105 (70-200 is somewhere else right now).
    STRONG sunlight, kind of from the side. I tried to position myself so that I would not interfere with other runners, yet still get a nice shot with the bridge in the background. Used a little shadow/highlight correction in PSCS.
    What are your thoughts on this capture?
    41926069.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Pat, I find the frame excellent and the exposure well balanced! :D 
    Did you mention you finished (a marathon) in time to snap your friend??? :shock:
    Were you running WITH the D2X/Sigma105 combo??? :eek: 
    Man, what did you have for breakfast??? :lol: :wink:

3. It's a nice shot of your friend with good lighting. One comment I might make is that the horizon line is not straight which is most apprarent in the bridge. At that stage of the race he is probably happy to be running downhill. :lol: :lol:

4. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Heck no!

I had to run to the garage, grab it, then run back down.
    Thanks for the looks and comments.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Nice shot Pat!! :)  :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.