D2x Eyecup Replacement

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by bravocharlie, Mar 6, 2005.

1. And so did I

That was the first thing I put on from my old D2H, can't beat it!

2. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Re: And so did I

Except if you wear glasses. :cry:
    I miss being able to use an eye cup.

Joel

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I use a DK-2 all of the time and I wear eyeglasses. Ofcourse...mine FELL OFF yesterday and I've got to stck a new one on there today.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I weear glasses too & use the eyecup NT

nt

5. I have the DK-2 as well for my D2H. It does fall off easily however I found a small metal ring which fits on the camera side of the rubber. It is much more secure. Did that come with the DK-2?

Rich

6. Yes, a small ring did come with the eyepiece. It seems to fit very securely on to the camera. Getting the eyepiece off the camera was a nightmare though. Mine was on very tight. As usual, Nikon's instructions and illustrations are poor.

7. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    When I use the eyecup with my glasses, I don't get to see the entire viewfinder. Come to think of it, I haven't tried the DK-2 on either the D2H or D2X, so it might be different. I'll give it a try.

Joel

8. It's really important..

to get that ring on securely, otherwise it will fall off, Mys forst one did then i "read the manual" and got it right and have had no problems

9. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Jim, Steve and Rich,

I'm curious how you use the DK-2 with glasses. Do you see the entire viewfinder with the eyecup in the normal position or do you have to roll the eyecup back over itself to get closer? I guess even in the latter situation you would still cut down on some light entering from the side.

Thanks.

Joel

10. Here is a similar solution for the D70 in case anyone is interested:

[​IMG]

I will post this elsewhere for other users to easily find who don't have a D2x.