D2x Eyecup Replacement

The first thing I did to my D2x out of the box was replace the eyecup that came with the camera. I replaced it with the Nikon DK-2 that I purchased from B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=37323&is=REG

In my opinion, the eyecup makes it much easier to look through the view finder.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I use a DK-2 all of the time and I wear eyeglasses. Ofcourse...mine FELL OFF yesterday and I've got to stck a new one on there today.

jfenton said:
I use a DK-2 all of the time and I wear eyeglasses. Ofcourse...mine FELL OFF yesterday and I've got to stck a new one on there today.
I have the DK-2 as well for my D2H. It does fall off easily however I found a small metal ring which fits on the camera side of the rubber. It is much more secure. Did that come with the DK-2?

Rich

Rich Gibson said:
I have the DK-2 as well for my D2H. It does fall off easily however I found a small metal ring which fits on the camera side of the rubber. It is much more secure. Did that come with the DK-2?
Yes, a small ring did come with the eyepiece. It seems to fit very securely on to the camera. Getting the eyepiece off the camera was a nightmare though. Mine was on very tight. As usual, Nikon's instructions and illustrations are poor.

JC

jfenton said:
When I use the eyecup with my glasses, I don't get to see the entire viewfinder. Come to think of it, I haven't tried the DK-2 on either the D2H or D2X, so it might be different. I'll give it a try.

Joel

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
It's really important..

to get that ring on securely, otherwise it will fall off, Mys forst one did then i "read the manual" and got it right and have had no problems

Rich Gibson said:
jfenton said:

Rich

JC

Jim, Steve and Rich,

I'm curious how you use the DK-2 with glasses. Do you see the entire viewfinder with the eyecup in the normal position or do you have to roll the eyecup back over itself to get closer? I guess even in the latter situation you would still cut down on some light entering from the side.

Thanks.

Joel

Here is a similar solution for the D70 in case anyone is interested:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I will post this elsewhere for other users to easily find who don't have a D2x.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom