D2X Focus Mode Switch M, ?, S, C Potential problem?

Marcus,

A while back I had a similar problem with my 28-70 AF-S on one of my old D100 bodies. I had 2 D100s at the time and in one the autofocus just refused to work with this particular lens, but only at times. All other lenses worked well on the suspect body and the 28-70 worked fine on the other D100, a really perplexing situation.

I took both the body and the lens to Nikon and they found a problem with the body, corrected it and the problem never came back.

M

marcus

mcampos, thanks for your advice and I think I have to take my D2x and 50 f1.8 to Nikon Canada again. :(

marcus said:
So far I am happy with my D2x(apart from my 50 f1.8 won't work on my D2x). I do get some soft images but I think it's due to the camera shake. (D2x is a bit heavy to me and I need to get use to it)
Marcus, I have that extra stop too like most others here.

As for the 50 f/1.8, I have that lens and it works perfectly on my X. Make sure you have the aperture ring set to f/22 and it should work.

M

marcus

I just notice that there is no extra stop between "S" & "M" mode when no lens attached to the D2x. However, there will be an extra stop with a lens attached. Weird...

Another weird thing is I just tried the 50 f1.8 again on my D2X and it works :shock:

>> I just notice that there is no extra stop between "S" & "M" mode when no lens attached to the D2x <<

Thanks for posting that Marcus, I took mine in last Friday and of course without the lens it did not do it, I have to bring the lens with me when I pick it up to show them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom