D2X goes Nightshooting ...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Boobie Joe, Mar 31, 2005.

1. 3 shots from last night's session ...

Long exposure NR was on ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Questions and comments welcome ...

:)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very impressive BJ. Was all lighting ambient?

Frank

3. Yes, mixed lighting (Sodium vapor and incadenect)

4. I would say wonderful talent of Yves and the high tech D2X had a great night of shooting!! Way to go!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots! I especially love the first one!

6. Great colors, Yves. I wonder what happens if you convert the first one to CMYK - will this rich blue still look the same?

Cheers

7. The original files show a bit of blutchiness but they were pretty workable and printable too.

8. Excellent job Yves. You've managed to hold highlights while capturing the shadow areas. The first image is very nice.

9. celia bule

celia bule Guest

I like the second one a lot. Fantastic sense of depth.I hate the third one because I often fall on stairs, when I'm going down, so I have this really difficult relationship with stairs. :lol:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what wonderful colors.

11. It was also very mild ... :lol:

:shock:

12. with these night shots.

and mixed lighting, Im interested how you managed the white balance?
    inquiring minds need to know. ;-)

Nice pics yves.........any use of filters?

13. Re: with these night shots.

I select it from the K deg dialer according to the actual lighting situation....