1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2x images printed with Lightjet

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by PeterRH, Oct 6, 2005.

1. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Anyone here had their D2x images printed by a lab using a Lightjet printer?

I've had a couple done before for the D70, but just had a 20"x16" done from a cropped D2x image of a Mercedes, and the result was (no exaggeration) stunning. The dynamic range in the print is incredibly close to what I see on my pc screen and the sharpness/contrast/colour is superb.

I have friends who have MF equipment and so have seen many prints from MF film....the D2x/Lightjet combo is in my view superior by some margin.

It ain't cheap, but even so if you want a thrill somewhat akin to seeing a pic published for the first time, get this done for an image you love.

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I just won a 30x40 Lightjet print in a silent auction. Now I have to decide which image to have done . . . :confused: 

3. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Oh boy

...are you going to enjoy that print! Have fun choosing which pic to use!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.