D2X ISO 1600 portrait anyone ???

I did a few shots in natural light this morning (auto-portraits again sorry)
and got this result.

I did use Noise Ninja on the BG and the left side of my face.

Was the noise objectionnable, not really but I wanted to see how good it would clean up. At that level of ISO, The D2X and the D2H are very close with a slight advantage for the D2X.

No in camera NR was uesd, I did not like this from Canon, I won't like it from Nikon.

test_portrait_ISO_1600.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is VERY impressive Yves. What impresses me the most is that you have held the definition and colours. Looking at the histogram I see you have perfect exposure, with the red channel almost to the white point.

My only concern is that you need an new model :wink:

Cheers

hillrg said:
That is VERY impressive Yves. What impresses me the most is that you have held the definition and colours. Looking at the histogram I see you have perfect exposure, with the red channel almost to the white point.

My only concern is that you need an new model :wink:

Cheers

Rory, I can't agree more about needing a new Model.

I am trying to convince Steven S to bring me Jesse ... :oops:

Boobie Joe said:
I did a few shots in natural light this morning (auto-portraits again sorry)
and got this result.

I did use Noise Ninja on the BG and the left side of my face.

Was the noise objectionnable, not really but I wanted to see how good it would clean up. At that level of ISO, The D2X and the D2H are very close with a slight advantage for the D2X.

No in camera NR was uesd, I did not like this from Canon, I won't like it from Nikon.

test_portrait_ISO_1600.jpg

And Since I felt Guilty I tried the same thing with the D2H (you know, the outdated POS)

Same settings and Post processing

D2N_1600_test.jpg

Close, but....

Close, but.... I have to say the D2x did a better job. The colours seem much more natural when you compare the 2. Would this have been lighting conditions aswell as the camera ??

It would be interesting for someone to do a close portrait like this with both cameras (or all 3, d2hs included) in a studio to see the skintone difference in the sensors etc.

Good work Yves, thanks for posting.

Stu

Hey buddy, I'm not sharing Jesse!

Rory, I can't agree more about needing a new Model.

I am trying to convince Steven S to bring me Jesse ... :oops:

With any amt of luck at all, today will (finally!) be my 1st portrait shoot with my 2X, and will be using Jesse as my model. Plans fell through last Sun, but it looks like it's a go for today. Won't know for sure 'til noon. Need to get busy with my poses/wardrobe plan!

Latest threads

Top Bottom