D2X Mystery Shot EXIF Information

This shot was taken at 9:59 PM in near total darkness! The only light was from the moon that had just risen above the surface of the ocean.

I shot this on a tripod of course at ISO 800, 30 (THIRTY) second exposure, f2.8 and an EV of +5.0. The reason I wasn't smiling is cause I was afraid I'd laugh and didn't want to move...

No supplemental lighting was used at all.

It was an experiment that turned out kinda neat....note that it even picked up shadows and everything!

Here it is with EXIF intact...it has only been resized and converted to JPEG from the original NEF..

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow Jim. It's a wonder how your wife held that smile for 30 seconds. You cheated! You didn't smile! =)

I got the ISO800 part right though. =)

Chong

Actualkly, I think that she was toasted enough that that's simply the way her mouth formed :)

Don't tell her I said that though :)

Haha! I think the only hint that we had on your 'mystery' photo was what I said before. The house's window on the upper left gave it away. The 'blown' glow is typical of light sources with long exposures though I guessed that you took it early in the morning with a 1-2 second exposure. Geez, almost in complete darkness, that's fascinating.

Ah, the power of moonlight. :D

Jim,

It looks like you've pinned your wife in her chair with the 500. That's quite a pic.

Tom

Latest threads

Top Bottom