D2X nef at iso1600 with LR3 b2(give it a try)

Yesterday i was at a friends house watching some of his iso 1600 D2X nef files that he converted with Lightroom3 (beta2).
Everything on default,except NR.He used 25 on both chroma and luma.
I must say i´m impressed.
Needless to say he´s very happy that his "old" D2X has been upgraded with a new sensor:smile:
Give it a try,and tell us what you think.

Lightroom's chroma noise reduction has always worked great for me. It's amazing how it gets rid of those awful blue and red blotches on the darker areas (just 10 to 25 is more than enough).

But I don't believe that there will ever be a (good) way of getting rid of luminance noise (grain). I can't see how's that possible without obtaining that soft/plastic looking shots.

Having said that, I've never used LR3, so I might have to swallow my words. :tongue:

Lightroom's chroma noise reduction has always worked great for me. It's amazing how it gets rid of those awful blue and red blotches on the darker areas (just 10 to 25 is more than enough).

But I don't believe that there will ever be a (good) way of getting rid of luminance noise (grain). I can't see how's that possible without obtaining that soft/plastic looking shots.

Having said that, I've never used LR3, so I might have to swallow my words. :tongue:

This version(b2) has a contrast and a detail slider under the luminance NR section.
I believe that with some experimenting you will get the level of detail/NR that suits you best.
I´ve only spent a few minutes with it.

Of all the converters and standalone NR programs that i have here,which include Aperture3,CS4,Capture NX2,NoiseNinja and Nik define,this beta2 is becoming my 1st choice for high iso.

Latest threads

Top Bottom