D2X NEF thumbs not showing up in Bridge (RESOLVED)

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Czechman01, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Can someone help me with this? Bridge only shows the generic Nikon NEF icon and I can't figure out why.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm on G5/OSX 10.4.3, PS CS2, Capture 4.3.2, Camera Raw 3.3.

Woody

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2005
  2. have you downloaded and installed the plug in into photoshop of ACR 3.2 (included with DNG converter on adobe's downloads?

3. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    How large are your NEF files (that's a serious question)? Last night, I discovered under the preferences window in Bridge, there's a way to set the max-size of a file that will be displayed. Perhaps yours was accidentally reset to a threshold that was lower than your file size...

Preferences > Advanced > Miscellaneous

It's a remote possibility, but one you might check.

4. Dave,

I had the ACR 3.2 installed in the correct location according to the Adobe website: Library/Application Support/Adobe/PlugIns/CS2/FileFormats. It wasn't working so I pulled it and replaced it with the 3.3 version andd that doesn't work either.

Peter,
    The files are well under the 200 meg limit... they are 19.27 megs each.

This is SO frustrating!