D2X OWL

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Mar 4, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Man I wish I had an opportunity to really shoot this camera before this guy flew in and hovered right in front of me!

No time for a tripod...no time to set the focus settings exactly as I would have liked them. I had enough presence to spin the EV and try and lock him in a 30mph wind.....

original.

View attachment 5850

2. Spectacular. Nothing like a head-on shot to wake you up, and you reacted quite well as far as I can see.

Ron

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a thrill to see the owl fly.. Hey you did good for what you had at the moment.

I have noticed on all the D2X shots, the tone and colors are really great. Wow
    Cheers
    Gale

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Buck fever..

Ron...

I have to admit...I got buck fever!

I had the camera set on FOCUS and let me tell you...it really takes time to fire them off when you have it set like that!

Jim

5. Set it in AF-C and FPS + AF, Jim.

Buck fever is a common ailment. Take two beers and call me in the morning.

:^)

Ron

6. OMG...

Jim. Wow. Fabulous.

I guess it's fair to say you're happy with the 2X now, hunh? :)

If those are the shots you get with the WRONG settings, I can't wait to see the others...

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

WOW! Fabulous shots, Jim. I guess you'll keep your new toy now? It works OK? (I hope so because I just picked one up at the local camera store today.)

Where were you when you took these shots? Did you have any idea that an owl would fly directly at you with the sun just right and with a clear blue sky as BG? What were you really going out to shoot? Fess up now...

Gordon

8. All I can say Jim is wow. The focus is superb and the eyes of the owl are riviting.

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I love Owl's.

I haven't seen one in the wild since I was about 12.

Cool!

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Jim,

WOW is putting it mildly :)

Between the seals and this owl I'm thinking you're a master photographer. These are wonderful shots and I am very impressed with your luck and your talent.

Gaye

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very impressive Jim. Since I know it wasn't the shooter, the X must be one heck of a cam.... :lol:

Seriously, these are an extremely impressive indication of what this cam can do.

Frank

12. That is VERY nice Jim!! What focus settings do you like?? I am still playing so it would be nice to see how others set it.

Thanks...again excellent job!!

13. One Word

... OK I lied absolutely fantastic, cant wait till you get used to the new camera!

14. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    To Everyone..

A) Thanks,

B) I had no clue that this beauty would present itself to me in perfect light against a blue sky. I litterally had to jump out of the car...brace myself and make the shots.

C) If I had had time to prepare, I would have been in AFC / Dynamis / Center Area / Focus + Frame Rate for release.

Jim

We all get lucky once in a while folks!

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

16. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good shot, Jim!

And kudos for your quick reaction time as well!

17. I think its already been said...WOW! If this is what you get with a "grab shot".....ohhhhhhhhhh

I think I'm going out to buy a few lottery tickets today ;-)

18. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Janet...

It was a great opportunity for a few quick shots. I've been lucky a lot lately :)

19. Amazing shots!! Good going!! :D

20. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Super shots Jim! no need to be apologetic about them.