1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2X owners: where to buy batteries?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I finally got my hands on a D2X, and realized I'd forgotten to buy an extra battery. Sure I have the D70 as a backup, but it's been a habit of mine to have always have extra batteries, in this case a fully charged spare.
    BUT...B&H and everyone else seems to be out of stock. There are some offbrand replacement batteries, I don't know about their quality.
    Any thoughts/suggestions...??
    Thanks

2. Have you tried Ritz or Berger Brothers Jeff?

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks...I haven't tried Ritz. A no go on Berger Bros. Everybody I have checked, seems to be out.
    I'll check Ritz. Thanks for the tip.

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Ebatts.com

I have purchased D2x/H batteries from www.ebatts.com and they work just fine.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Found one! Thanks Catz & General.

6. Don't worry too much

I have never exhausted the battery on my D2x. My longest is a 2 day shoot with ~1000 shots, many of those with VR, all with the monitor on.

So far my spare has just been a convenience of not having to wait for a recharge.

Not saying that you don't want to have one, just that you probably don't need to be anxious about it.

There are a few genuine en-el4 batteries on eBay.

Don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.