D2X Picture

Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
5,921
Location
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Catz said:
Hi Everyone,

I forgot how to post a picture here. Can someone remind me?

Anyway here is a link to a quick D2X picture I took real quick outside my front door because it is still too cold to go anywhere to take a decent picture. Here it is March 4 and winter is still with us. Yuck!

I think I figured it out how to post a picture here.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Here Ya go Melissa

Just forgot the .jpg on end of pic #

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Cheers
Gale
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Wow nice Melissa.

Great tone and colors. Looks real good. You lucky Dawg.

Cheers
Gale
 
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
5,921
Location
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thank you to Gale and Gordon

greyflash said:
Gee Melissa it's nice to get that first D2X pics. out of the way. Now you can get on to some serious shooting. I am happy for you.
Gale,

I am reading the manual a little at a time when I get the opportunity. I can't wait to get to the part where the manual tells you how to use the crop feature. I can't wait to be able to shoot 8 frames a second.

I have the opportunity to go on a field trip to a reserve to shoot birds and wildlife. It should be fun but God knows I can't shoot like flew and all of the other bird shooters. I just hope the weather holds up for the field trip. Right now the forecast calls for rain. What a bummer.
Gordon,

You are so right. I want to do some serious shooting when the weather gets much nicer. I want so much to be able to post something worthwhile here. So pray for nice weather for Virginia.

Melissa
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
145
Location
Portland, OR, USA
Catz said:
Hi Everyone,

Here is a quick D2X picture I took real quick outside my front door because it is still too cold to go anywhere to take a decent picture. Here it is March 4 and winter is still with us. Yuck!
I am so unlike you - I absolutely LOVE winter. I just LOVE going out with my camera in the very cold days and finding interesting things to photograph! I dread the long hot summer and usually stay indoors where its cool with the AC. I am normally very uncomfortable at anything above 65 degrees. 8)

I look forward to seeing what you shoot with your new X melissa...

Now GET BUSY!! :p
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Thnx for the PM headsup, catz!

Colors look real good. Not sure why you chose to take it right *in front of* that leafless tree, instead of behind it to show your street & the house back there better, but at least you did it! As per your PM: Jees, you southerners are such lightweights when it comes to the cold! :lol:
 
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
5,921
Location
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Re: Thnx for the PM headsup, catz!

Steve S said:
Colors look real good. Not sure why you chose to take it right *in front of* that leafless tree, instead of behind it to show your street & the house back there better, but at least you did it! As per your PM: Jees, you southerners are such lightweights when it comes to the cold! :lol:
Hi Steve,

The reason I didn't go any further than the front door was when I opened it, the wind was blowing pretty hard, so goes to show you how fast the X focuses and how fast the shutter clicks because otherwise, I think there would have been blur.

With this speed of a shutter, I can't wait to see what it can do with infrared this summer. Also one of my favorites.

I have to run two errands today. I will take the camera with me and see what I can find along the way.

Thanks Steve for the comments.

Melissa
 
B

billT

Guest
Hi Mellisa,

Enjoy your pic. The D2X is a fantastic camera. I got mine last week-end, but the cold weather is really putting a damper on outdoor advantures.

I don't know if you remember, we talked briefly over email some time ago. I am glad to run into you in this forum. Coming from pBase, I simply cannot get over how nice the members are in this formum; no trolling, no name calling. Its great.

BillT.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
93
Location
Seacoast, NH
Re: Thnx for the PM headsup, catz!

Catz said:
Steve S said:
Colors look real good. Not sure why you chose to take it right *in front of* that leafless tree, instead of behind it to show your street & the house back there better, but at least you did it! As per your PM: Jees, you southerners are such lightweights when it comes to the cold! :lol:
Hi Steve,

The reason I didn't go any further than the front door was when I opened it, the wind was blowing pretty hard, so goes to show you how fast the X focuses and how fast the shutter clicks because otherwise, I think there would have been blur.

With this speed of a shutter, I can't wait to see what it can do with infrared this summer. Also one of my favorites.

I have to run two errands today. I will take the camera with me and see what I can find along the way.

Thanks Steve for the comments.

Melissa
Cold? Didn't want to go outside? :roll:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
G

greggebhardt

Guest
Re: Thnx for the PM headsup, catz!

bravocharlie said:
Catz said:
Steve S said:
Colors look real good. Not sure why you chose to take it right *in front of* that leafless tree, instead of behind it to show your street & the house back there better, but at least you did it! As per your PM: Jees, you southerners are such lightweights when it comes to the cold! :lol:
Hi Steve,

The reason I didn't go any further than the front door was when I opened it, the wind was blowing pretty hard, so goes to show you how fast the X focuses and how fast the shutter clicks because otherwise, I think there would have been blur.

With this speed of a shutter, I can't wait to see what it can do with infrared this summer. Also one of my favorites.

I have to run two errands today. I will take the camera with me and see what I can find along the way.

Thanks Steve for the comments.

Melissa
Cold? Didn't want to go outside? :roll:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Minus 20 degrees! On my God. Keep it up there. We are running a nice 70. Don't know if I would take my D2X out in minus 20, but it will be going out on the JetSki this weekend!
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom