D2X Price Drop - Early Christmas?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Conrad Monroe, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Last week I noticed that KEH had dropped the price of the D2x from $4999 to $4499, today I noticed that B&H has dropped their price to $4499 as well. With the system builder rebate it brings the price down to just under $4000.

I am sure that the other major internet stores will soon follow, if not already.

I am thinking that next spring might be a good time to finally start looking at replacing my venerable D100.

2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I've bought a lot from Onecall.com over the years, though mostly HT, and audio, not photography related.
    Their price was higher than anyone's on the D2X, so I called and asked them about it. They price match competitors (such as B&H), and matched B&H's delivered price. (using 3 day FED-EX).
    So I'm happy.:smile:

3. I'm not sure I understand this "system builder"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get $500 off if you get another Nikon piece that's $500 and up?

4. marc

marc Guest

the d2x is 4499.00 but there is no $500.00 offer

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I am hoping the price of the Hs begins to decline after the new year, I would like to buy a second body and I think the Hs is probably the best body for me. I just wish we could get into Nikon's mind to know what they have on the drawing board for the near future. It would be nice to know if I should buy the Hs or hold out for something much better that will be released in the not-to-distant future.

6. Jim Last

Jim Last Guest

That's exactly the deal.

You get a $500 rebate ONLY if you spend $500 or more on Nikon accessories that carry serial numbers in the same transaction as the D2X.

So that will be $500 on lenses & flash guns etc.

It does allow you to pick up a $1,000 lens ½ price!

7. Thanks Jim. I wasn't sure.

So then this statement:
    "With the system builder rebate it brings the price down to just under $4000. " isn't totally accurate as the price of the D2X is still the same, it's just that you are getting accessories (lenses) at a cheaper price.

8. Jim Last

Jim Last Guest

John I guess that statement is correct if, you convince yourself that you are buying the $1,000 lens for $1,000 regardless of buying the D2X, then you can say to yourself that the D2X has been discounted $500 :smile:

9. CtPhotoGuild

CtPhotoGuild Guest

or two sb800's not just lenses

10. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    So, what do you think the D200's will be going for in 9 months? :wink:

With DSLRs following the consumer electronics price curve it certainly pays to wait until you really need a new camera before buying one.

11. Why don't you wait a couple of weeks. By the middle of Jan they won't be able to sell the D2X for anything more than $3500. Nobody........ and I mean nobody will be buying this camera until the price drops BIG-TIME. :Shocked:

This is all due to the D200 shock-n-awe campaign. :tongue:

JohnG

12. $1300 max........... and a somewhat lower # wouldn't surprise me.

My feeling is that these DSLR's depreciate soooo fast that the only way to make good use of them is to fire away in HS mode until the battery runs out. Recharge, and repeat. :biggrin:

Regards
    JohnG