D2x reportage shooting

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jun 10, 2007.

1. I recently did a shooting for a reportage with writer Hugh Pope; besides my trusty D2xs, I had my M8 with me as well; I did most of the job with the Nikon, which I am still slightly more comfortable with: however, I got a few M8 shots as well, out of which a couple have been chosen by the editor together with a few more of the Nikon shots... here they are:

- the D2xs shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and a couple of shots with the M8, for good measure:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few years of D2x & D2xs shootings, I really enjoyed using the M8 on the job as well, and I decided I will keep bringing both around for a while - then, for these kind of jobs, I might just leave the D2xs home...! :wink: This will make it more difficult to post the results here, though, so I might just lug the D2x + 85mm f1.4 for that :biggrin: seriously, the D2xs file quality and my being comfortable with it are what makes the difference for me. C&C welcome, as always.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful photography
    Thank You for sharing

3. Very nice work.

4. Very nice series. I really like the intensity of image #2 and of course the nice B&W rendition of the M8.

5. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Good looking series Vieri.

Were the B&W shots straight from the M8 or was further processing necessary?

Regards,

6. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    I really enjoy #3 Vieri :)

very powerful image and great series as usual!!! Your photos certainly tell stories...

7. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Excellent shots Vieri! Sorry for a stupid question, what is M8?

8. Hey Gale, thank you very much for your comment! :smile: I am glad you enjoyed the series... :biggrin:

Thank you Melissa! :biggrin:

Thank you very much Gordon, the M8 surely does a great job in color but its BW works very well for me :smile:

Hey Tom, first of all thank you very much for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed :smile: About the BW, I do shoot in RAW and convert them in PSCS2 as I normally do with my D2x shots; I never use out-of-camera jpgs, neither with my Nikon bodies nor with the M8... I just like to be in control, I guess! :biggrin:

JD, thank you very much! :biggrin: Your comments are really appreciated, as always - thanks again!

Thank you Igor! Glad you liked them - the M8 is the Leica M8, a digital rangefinder camera I just recently got and I am using for all my street work (and now, for reportages as well!); it has a Leica M mount which allows one to use Leica, Zeiss and third party glass: all the glass for RF cameras are really great, and generally considered to be better than SLR glass (but, I don't want to start a religious war here...). Hope this helps! You can find lot more info on the M8 by googling it... :wink:

9. Hey Vieri. a cool series my friend!

Number #4 and #5 in particular stand out for me!

You're good.............. very good!

G

10. Hey Graeme, thank you very much my friend! :biggrin: just a small job I did recently for a fashion magazine here in Istanbul - I am glad you enjoyed the pics and :redface::redface: as always, you are flattering me... :redface::redface: hope all is well in your side of the world! :biggrin:

11. Good job. I like the way that you can feel the intensity/emotion of the person being interviewed in the images.

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    These are excellent. I really like the emotion that they convey, esp in the 3rd B&W.

13. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Loving these! Nothing that hasn't already been said, but yes, an awesome story and you really get a sense of the man, in just a few shots no less!

Sigh. I love photojournalism :)

14. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Wonderful series!!! I especially like the B&W #7...great timing for an excellent moment!!:smile:

15. These are all excellent! Really nice work.

16. Hey Roy, thank you very much! :biggrin: I am glad my pics could speak to you, thanks again

Thank you Fred, your comment is as always very much appreciated :biggrin: glad they communicate something to you

Donamari, thnak you very much for your kind comment :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed! As far as PJ, I really like it as well - a great chance to paint characters in a few pics...

Thank you Robert! I am glad you enjoyed them :biggrin:

Thank you very much Anthony! :biggrin: I am glad you liked them, thanks again

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

as all of your work, these are just wonderful...excellent setting too ....;-))

18. Thank you very much Nute, and sorry for the delayed response - I missed this thread for a while, for some reason :wink: The setting is actually a very nice cafe' in what they call a "passage" (narrow alley, either vaulted or not) here in Istanbul; this particular passage has a few very very nice cafes and when the editor proposed this location I immediately accepted :biggrin: thanks again!

19. awesome serie
    i really love the first three shot, for me they stand out
    gj man ;)

20. Thank you Tommy, your comment is very much appreciated! :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed, thanks again...