D2x reportage shooting

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jun 10, 2007.

1. I recently did a shooting for a reportage with writer Hugh Pope; besides my trusty D2xs, I had my M8 with me as well; I did most of the job with the Nikon, which I am still slightly more comfortable with: however, I got a few M8 shots as well, out of which a couple have been chosen by the editor together with a few more of the Nikon shots... here they are:

- the D2xs shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and a couple of shots with the M8, for good measure:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few years of D2x & D2xs shootings, I really enjoyed using the M8 on the job as well, and I decided I will keep bringing both around for a while - then, for these kind of jobs, I might just leave the D2xs home...! :wink: This will make it more difficult to post the results here, though, so I might just lug the D2x + 85mm f1.4 for that :biggrin: seriously, the D2xs file quality and my being comfortable with it are what makes the difference for me. C&C welcome, as always.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful photography
    Thank You for sharing

3. Very nice work.

4. Very nice series. I really like the intensity of image #2 and of course the nice B&W rendition of the M8.

5. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Good looking series Vieri.

Were the B&W shots straight from the M8 or was further processing necessary?

Regards,

6. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    I really enjoy #3 Vieri :) 

very powerful image and great series as usual!!! Your photos certainly tell stories...

7. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Excellent shots Vieri! Sorry for a stupid question, what is M8?

8. Hey Gale, thank you very much for your comment! :smile: I am glad you enjoyed the series... :biggrin:

Thank you Melissa! :biggrin:

Thank you very much Gordon, the M8 surely does a great job in color but its BW works very well for me :smile:

Hey Tom, first of all thank you very much for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed :smile: About the BW, I do shoot in RAW and convert them in PSCS2 as I normally do with my D2x shots; I never use out-of-camera jpgs, neither with my Nikon bodies nor with the M8... I just like to be in control, I guess! :biggrin:

JD, thank you very much! :biggrin: Your comments are really appreciated, as always - thanks again!

Thank you Igor! Glad you liked them - the M8 is the Leica M8, a digital rangefinder camera I just recently got and I am using for all my street work (and now, for reportages as well!); it has a Leica M mount which allows one to use Leica, Zeiss and third party glass: all the glass for RF cameras are really great, and generally considered to be better than SLR glass (but, I don't want to start a religious war here...). Hope this helps! You can find lot more info on the M8 by googling it... :wink:

9. Hey Vieri. a cool series my friend!

Number #4 and #5 in particular stand out for me!

You're good.............. very good!

G

10. Hey Graeme, thank you very much my friend! :biggrin: just a small job I did recently for a fashion magazine here in Istanbul - I am glad you enjoyed the pics and :redface::redface: as always, you are flattering me... :redface::redface: hope all is well in your side of the world! :biggrin:

11. Good job. I like the way that you can feel the intensity/emotion of the person being interviewed in the images.

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    These are excellent. I really like the emotion that they convey, esp in the 3rd B&W.

13. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Loving these! Nothing that hasn't already been said, but yes, an awesome story and you really get a sense of the man, in just a few shots no less!

Sigh. I love photojournalism :) 

14. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Wonderful series!!! I especially like the B&W #7...great timing for an excellent moment!!:smile:

15. These are all excellent! Really nice work.

16. Hey Roy, thank you very much! :biggrin: I am glad my pics could speak to you, thanks again

Thank you Fred, your comment is as always very much appreciated :biggrin: glad they communicate something to you

Donamari, thnak you very much for your kind comment :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed! As far as PJ, I really like it as well - a great chance to paint characters in a few pics...

Thank you Robert! I am glad you enjoyed them :biggrin:

Thank you very much Anthony! :biggrin: I am glad you liked them, thanks again

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

as all of your work, these are just wonderful...excellent setting too ....;-))

18. Thank you very much Nute, and sorry for the delayed response - I missed this thread for a while, for some reason :wink: The setting is actually a very nice cafe' in what they call a "passage" (narrow alley, either vaulted or not) here in Istanbul; this particular passage has a few very very nice cafes and when the editor proposed this location I immediately accepted :biggrin: thanks again!

19. awesome serie
    i really love the first three shot, for me they stand out
    gj man ;) 

20. Thank you Tommy, your comment is very much appreciated! :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed, thanks again...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.