D2X Sunset This Evening

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jfenton, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    After a cold front went through and approximately 1/2 hour after the sun actually went below the horizon.

No..I didn't play with the colors during processing or post (shot in Adobe RGB color mode III)

Shot with a good old 24-85 AFS-G (starting to re-like this lens for a light carry around lens!)

Here's the link since the picture doesn't seem to want to show itself:
    http://www.pbase.com/soonipi1957/image/47254478/original

2. Wow - nice colours, nice silhouettes

3. I fixed your post by removing the "original" from your URL. Beautiful image Jim, the silhouette of the tree really makes this image. What great colors in the sky. I am always amazed at the various colors that can be present in a sunset. Well done.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Before anybody complains about the above image being soft, be sure to check the link to the original. PBase really destroyed this one with the resizing. I hate it when direct links to the original aren't working and you have to show the crummy resized PBase version.

It's a great shot though, well done.

5. NikonK

NikonK

May 27, 2005
    I like sunrise & sunset photos. Amazing color! Well done...

6. Jim:

You are getting very good at scenery. Giving up the birds?

Gil

7. Nice shot, Jim!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Jim.. My favorites for sure. Colors that nature gives us is marvelous.

9. I beleive you Jim when you say you didn't play with the colors, I have seen a sky like that last saturday and i didn't have my camera with me.

10. What can I say you are on a roll takign advantage of the little break in humidity are we.

11. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Wow, those colors :shock:

12. Jim, very nice image. I also have a 24-85 and it always seems to amaze me with the quality it can produce.