D2X Sunset

From this evening....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks...

We drove around our home town last evening looking for places to shoot sunsets....we may have found one that works?

Jim,

Up early shooting, out at dusk shooting...do you sleep? Are you ever home?

Nice shot...nice to see the pretty side of the area...

;)

C

Rumor has it that sleep is defined as follows:

"A condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended."

Nikon Cafe translation:

"A condition of photographer and equipment that prevents, prohibits, or otherwise makes it physically and technologically impossible to create and/or capture art. Typically caused by a lack of rechargeable physical energy, compromized time by other humans, and/or the inability by the photographer to access/operate said equipment for physical state/orientation/location reasons."

;)

Now that is "SUPERB" jIM.

You found the perfect location, comosition and timing perfect.

Excellent colors that evening. That is the way a sunset should be captured. Not the blown out sun like I see so often

Skies are very dramatic and change by the moment...

MONEY SHOT JIM :>)))))

Gale

Gale...

Thanks for the nice comments....:)

I kept looking up from the camera and admiring how awsomely, beautifully perfect this display of evening was and kept my fingers crossed that I was gonna to be able to capture it as it truly appeared...and fortunately, I was able to :)

Gale...Questions Answered

I shot this sunset with a 28-70 2.8 AFS at 60mm f8...ISO 100 with a 1.6 second sxposure.

PGB

Re: Gale...Questions Answered

jfenton said:
I shot this sunset with a 28-70 2.8 AFS at 60mm f8...ISO 100 with a 1.6 second sxposure.
that was the info I was looking for. Very nice. I love sunsets and you seem to capture them better than any I have ever done or seen.

Thanks Jim,

Patrick

Hi Patrick...

The trick is to hold the red channel without blowing it and at the same time, not underexposing the image so much that you induce noise in the shadow areas.

It takes a bit of chimping and metering off of the correct portion of the scene...I always try to hold as much detail in the cloud patterns as possible and let the rest end up as it may.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom