D2x support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iliah, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    I think we have preliminary support for D2x. If anybody has NEFs, we would love to give them a go - privately or publicly, whatever suits.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What's a D2X?

Just kidding.

Cool, but how about preliminary MACINTOSH SUPPORT????

Ok, sorry to shout (please reference my wine thread: https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=132 - it's empty now) but I am very anxious to see what your baby can do.

And, since reading Bruse Fraser's book and working differently with Photoshop's converter, I see such potential for software that extends the upper half of the Raw data. I want more control. In the Macintosh world, we look for integration. Since Photoshop has made their Raw converter (powerful though that it is) a plug-in, they are inviting competition, so here is what "we" want:

The ability to share with other programs. For example do the highlights (from Peter's examples, I take it that highlight control is RM's strongest area) with your software, then edit the shadow and gamma curve with Nikon's software, finally doing color correction, sharpening and setting the resolution for for printing, viewing, etc. with Photoshop.

It's just a niche, but by claiming such an essential niche, I'd imaginge y'all could claim the production house and digital assistant markets and take it to the bank.

Just a thought. Or maybe I just want a Mac version. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Chris, I see what you mean. You want best of both worlds ;)

But we are very ambitious :)

We have lowest banding and noise; we have best colour reproduction from raw; we have sharpest demosaicing in industry - independent tests show +10lpm compared to closest competitor; we allow to edit raw files with curves directly; and we have strongest noise reduction plug-in (algorithm developed in Moscow State University, Russia); and most promising white balance.

We are ready to meet different demands, like metering colour temperature from an arbitrary point of image, channels preview to see individual channel noise, calibration and profiling etc etc.

Our SDK is free, and we have scripting language so that users can make their own plug-ins and add feature.

Mac: later, we hope this spring.

4. Mac, Mac, we want Mac!

I'm anxiously awaiting your Mac version
    Spring is a lifetime away......... :cry:

5. I will JUMP on the Mac version bandwagon also....
    8)

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I await with baited breath. :wink: