D2X Wireless Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Catz, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Hi all Nikon fans.

I have a question and I hope it is not a dumb one but with the D2X wireless, will it put each picture up on the computer as it is shot in a studio or is this only to download pictures faster?

Thank you,

Melissa

2. Pretty certain that it will work

like the capture camera control works today that is you can set it (you have to go in and change it to that option) to download right after the shot and display in Nikon Capture on your monitor. I have used this with a USB cable on a wedding and it was very cool because we could immideately decide if we needed more shots of a particular pose, or if smiles where crooked etc.

I suppose it seesm logical to thinkl that this goes for the WIFI option as well but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

3. Andreas is right

I too have experimented with Capture (Capture Control, the other part of the Capture suite), with a USB cable to get the pictures to the computer as they are taken. When you read the list of changes in Capture 4.2, the WIFI support for Capture Control is prominently listed: so, yes, you'll be able to use WIFI to download your pictures to a PC right after you take them, and actually press the "shutter" button on your PC screen too! I would imagine that the ability to do this wirelessly will tremendously increase the use of this little known feature...

4. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Yes it will transmit as you take the photo to your computer.
    Or you can use a relay wireless transmitter for longer distance.
    Yes the transmitter on the camera can be supplied with a stronger antenna for greater range.

If you are shooting sports- the wirless relay in the stadium can be picked up in the press box where it is relayed to the paper -AP, Reuters etc

Birger

5. By the way, I got the word from my friend at Nikon that the system will work on a Mac as well as a Wintel machine. This sounds like a good system.

Steve

P.S. How do I post a mug shot of myself on here?

6. I thank you all for your answers and now I am seriously considering in purchase this extra. With the S2, it was included but not wiresless, you had to use a cord.