1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2Xs/17-35 still got it

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Doug, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Color and detail just still seem so great with this combo. 19mm 100 iso f5

[​IMG]

2. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    Looks real good.

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks. You know I'd considered selling my Xs recently. Now I am not so sure.

I'm just always taken with the color of Clingman's Dome/Newfound Gap area first of October. So, I spent some time looking for these spots today, no, not every one is a landscape perfection, but I can still enjoy the color and mix of the landscape. and ahhh, I've always enjoyed the 17-35. So much so I updated to a almost new one last year.

4. Kqw1208

Kqw1208 Guest

I like that color...What time of the day was it when you took that image??

5. I agree. I took some fall colors with my D2x last week and I almost forgot what a great camera it was.

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Nice shots. That combo will never lose it.

7. Well taken and great colors too Doug...

8. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The shot was at 9:50 AM, the sun was directly behind me, coming in from North Carolina, so I'm shooting west basically. I can't recall if I used a Heliopan polarizer or my Singh-Ray Color Combo. But I think it was Singh-Ray color combo. I warmed the color temp up just a bit in RAW panel of photoshop, some sharpening, a little saturation, but not much. The sky was already luscously blue with polarizer. Thank you guys.

9. Sweet shot for sure.

10. How can you still shoot with that old relic??

11. Hi Doug,

Very nice colours i like the blue very much,and do not sell the D2x it's great camera.

12. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Louis, and Mitchell, I was worried about running the shutter count up on my other cams. ;) 

Arthur, thanks much!

Now, I have one more, and as you view, understand the conditions were very harsh, but I ask, how it came out anyway, to see if there's anything here. Again, D2Xs 17-35. you may have to view this full size to see all the mountain detail in the background.

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/6119828_Zshs5#388452078_e3bPF-A-LB

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.