D2Xs concert shoot...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by vieri, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Last friday I went and shoot "gripin", a turkish band recoring for Sony, in a club called Studio Live. I used my D2xs (newly acquired to side my D2x), the 70-200, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4, 12-24mm f4. I could only get access to a side of the stage, no front access unfortunately; this limited my access and angles quite a bit. However, here some pics for your enjoyment, all taken at ISO 400 & ISO 640.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more on my pbase gallery. Band site is:

www.gripin.org

C&C always welcome - thanks for viewing!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I don't know alot about that type of shooting.

Sure are a bunch of colors:>))
    Did you add saturation or is it really that colorful
    They are all sharp and like your angles

3. WOW Vieri............. a wonderful series my friend!

My favourites are #1........... #2............ both show the lead singer totally engrossed in what he is doing with great tension in the photographs.

And #9............... astounding lighting and composition. The light behind the microphone is superb!

Honestly don't know how you do this??????????

Fantastic work...................

But.......... more importantly.. it is just so good to see you posting again! :cool:

Made me smile to "see" you again............. :redface:

G

4. I love what you accomplished here. Feel like I was there

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Simply astounding concert work. You are The Man!!!

6. Hey Gale,

to me, more than if it was really that colourful the main question to ask is, how do you like them, do they give you the "right concert feeling" or not... if they did, then is not really fundamental to know what it really looked like - if they didn't, is not really important as well - IMHO at least; as the old masters say, photography is an illusion anyway hehe :wink: however, in this case the coloured lights of the stage are responsible for the colors you see - or - at least - partially... :biggrin:

Hello Graeme my friend! First of all, is good to be "back" after some time off the cafe - too much to take care of at the same time I suppose :wink: but... I should try and keep visiting more often anyway! :redface: thank you very much for your comments, I am so glad you enjoyed :biggrin: hmmm how do I do it? Not sure... just pointing at something and clicking by chance a bunch of buttons I guess... :biggrin: seriously, thanks again so much - I don't know what to say - I am flattered! :redface:

Thank you very much! :biggrin: your comment is very much appreciated indeed :smile:

Thank you Stuart! You are flattering me :redface: thanks again, it really means a lot to me. :biggrin:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Vieri
    I have never been to a concert like that:<(((
    Guess I am a tad old..
    I think your images are very nice:>))

8. Hey Gale, I see - hmm I didn't think about that, of course to someone who's never been to a rock concert like this (small club, intense colored lights) I am sure it would look quite strange :biggrin: I am glad you liked the pics anyway! :wink: Thank you for commenting,

9. Vieri --

These are wonderful !!
    The first one has the makings of a classic shot
    as in Rolling Stone magazine.
    You should send them some of these photos !

The colours, lights and composition angles work
    terrifically well and have lots of impact -- especially #3 and #7.
    I love the smoky, "clubby" feel of the last shot too.

10. Excellent work, you have really captured the essence of this concert.

11. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    The first one is a clear standout in my opinion. Simple. Well composed. No distractions in the background. Sharp as a tack. No mic mouth (microphone covering the mouth). The only thing that might have improved it would be open eyes, but it works well as is.

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

fantastic ....PERIOD
    ;-))

13. anakin2178

anakin2178 Guest

GREAT shots man.

14. Thank you Andrea! :biggrin: I hope they will sell nicely - they usually do, but one never knows... :wink: I am glad you enjoyed, and thanks again for your nice words!

Thank you very much Gordon! Your comments are, as always, much appreciated :biggrin:

Thank you very much Walter! :smile: your in-depth comment is very much appreciated, thanks for viewing! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot man, much appreciated! :biggrin: