D3 2.01 cd Error

Tonight is the first time I have shot with the D3 after updating the firmware to the newest 2.01 and kept getting the cd error (card full) even though the card was empty shooting overflow settings, I had to keep ejecting the 2nd card and re-inserting.

This happened with 2 different cards, both freshly formatted.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I've experience the CD error a couple times even before the firmware upgrade.
Power down and power on, usually will solve the problem or ejecting the card and putting it back will also solve the problem.

fks

i'm on 2.00, and i've been getting this error since i sent my D3 in for a CCD cleaning. it happens with different lenses (AF-S and AF-D), and with cards i had before i sent the camera in and with new cards. i always format the cards in camera. happens in both slots too.

as of now it's more of a nuisance, but a bit of a pain since the D3's been flawless until now.

ricky

hmmm, it never did it once today since formatting all my cards yesterday.

When shooting in overflow mode, if you rarely go onto the 2nd card, is it still recommended to format the card in slot 2?

I have had this problem a number of times especially with 2x 8gig cards fitted.
I have since resorted to using 4gig cards from either Sandisk or Lexar with fewer problems.
I still find when the card in the 1st slot is full i have to eject and replace with card from slot 2.
Not the end of the world I guess but damned inconvenient when shooting a wedding or other event.
Has nobody managed to rectify this problem yet as friends who have put latest firmware into there camera are still experiencing this problem.
Nikon please note the latest firmware still hasn't rectified the problem!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom