1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3,. 24-70 and high ISO continues to amaze me......

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by sclamb, Jul 2, 2008.

1. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    I was at an indoor event under mixed lighting (display cabinets, spot lamps from the ceiling and daylight. The light was dim enough that I was at ISO 4000 with 1/125s @ f/3.5. The set up continues to amaze me at how clean and saturated the pictures come out:

[​IMG]

Even at the lunch afterwards, 1/50s @ f/3.5 needed ISO 6400:

[​IMG]

Just an amazing camera.

2. jlmoon

jlmoon

May 13, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hi Simon,

It even gets better when you go down a couple of stops like with a 28 / 1.4 or using your 85 / 1.4. Yes, simply amazing what you can do in pitch black darkness with this setup.

Jon

3. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Yes indeed Jon. I absolutely love using the 85/1.4 on the D3. Sadly at this event I was in a confined space and needed the flexibility of the slower 24-70/2.8. A 28/1.4 would have been a good option with the 85/1.4, but they are rare and expensive when found :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.