D3 + 85 1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Randy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    I volunteer my photography at the local humane society and help maintain their website with pics. They can't afford this kind of gear and I am very happy to help out.
    My fear is I end up owning 10 dogs.

[​IMG]

2. that's a great thing to do, randy
    makes me smile

ah...... 10 dogs?
    2 is enough for us, no doubt

3. How can you leave a guy like this behind? Wonderful shot and a great way to help out.

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    they get alot harder to leave behind

[​IMG]

5. Nice shots, Randy. Hopefully your images will help find them a good home.

6. Jeff Jarvis

Jeff Jarvis

Sep 10, 2007
    Thailand
    That's a great thing to do.
    Good idea.
    Help out those poor pups.

7. I'd have 10 or more pups if I did that job for sure. It makes me sad...as I know what it feels like to have to give one up after he snapped at Sophie. Thank goodness he's with a relative and not at the humane society. Beautiful doggie shots.

8. Randy, that is such a cool idea. Thanks for sharing the process.

If I teach 4H again next year I'll use that. The kids get bonus points for service work and that would be perfect for a few of them to do.

9. CraigH

CraigH

Mar 21, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Great job, Randy. I'd love to do it, but I'd end up with too many to feed. I've got two pound dogs now.

10. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Randy,

I, and my two shelter dogs, thank you for doing this.

11. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    That's a fantastic thing you do Randy. I've always thought that would be a great way to help out the local shelters. Once I get a little more comfortable with shooting, maybe I'll consider doing the same here locally (a lot of these local shelters have awful pics, and we all know how important good pics can be in these situations)

12. Oh, boy...:frown: That second shot just tears me up. That's a wonderful thing you are doing. I need to go hug my dog (abandoned stray)...I'd have 10 of 'em if I could.

13. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    How the hell did you not go home with Dog #1??? Shame on you.. HAHAHA

Great shot!

14. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    Good job!! I was thinking about doing this too..

15. That is awesome of you to do, Randy. Your awesome work will help these poor animals find new homes.

16. Good on you Randy. I can see why they get harder to leave behind. Those are two fine looking animals.

17. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    That is a great use of your talent. I've voluteered at the Humane Society off and on for many years but never thought about doing pictures for them. I think I'll look into it.
    For what it's worth I have a 14 1/2 year old golden retriever mix that I got at the humane society 12 + years ago. She was found in an empty garage with 8 puppies, a bullet in her back leg, and it was -30 F outside. She's been a wonderful dog!

So I guess thanks for helping out. You're a good man.

We make a living by what we get
    we make a life by what we give.
    -Winston Churchill

18. cobrakai

cobrakai Guest

Great shots and really heart warming. I know alot of people don't have time to go down to shelters and they rely on going to a shelter's website. A good picture raises the chances of an animal being saved and I hope these two will find good homes soon.

19. Thats a great idea! I think i might check out my local human society and see if they could use me for their site too!

20. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx for looking and maybe we can start a volunteer effort here
    The Nikon Cafe helps the Humane Society....
    I bet there is a Humane Society near most of us that could use some of our skills to help find homes for needy dogs and cats