1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3 and infrared

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cvansickler, Jul 5, 2008.

1. cvansickler

cvansickler

May 17, 2008
    Texas
    Do you have to permanently modify a D3 to get infrared. I dont think that I could stomach modifying a $5k camera.

2. No, you can use filters to accomplish IR. I certainly wouldn't modify a D3 if I owned it.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. wiseman

wiseman Guest

I'd do it.

5. I was simply trying to tell the original poster that I would not modify the D3. Using a filter would be far better even if it did take a long exposure. My advise is always to buy a less expensive D100 or D70 if he wants to have a camera modified. Guess I did not explain that well.

6. I tried a IR with the D3. Metering w/o filter, then I had to add 10 stops of exposure to get a useable frame with filter (D300 is the same).

7. Good to know Charles, not having a D3 I had no idea. Again, I was just saying not to have a D3 modified.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.