1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3 Basic Anti Aliasing Sharpening Values for NX

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by jfenton, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    What are you folks using?

I shot a whole bunch of interior stuff for work yesterday and while I could play with it and come up with my own, my guess is that someone already has done this?

Might it be the same as ther 50 / 5 / 4 for the D300? (My guess is NO)

2. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
  3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Thanks Madone

I did search at DPR and that particular post didn't come up...or I'm just brain dead today...which is a distinct possibility :) 

4. I reset to no sharpening when I bring images into NX2. Then I use 60/4/3 or 50/5/4. (D2X).

5. I usually have incamera at 3 (2 if VERY High ISO) and use 20-30/5/4 in Capture NX.

If I use CS3 (only) I have 40/25 in Camera RAW and add about 75-100/0.2 in smart sharpen (afterwards once it has opened in CS3 from camera RAW)

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I Actually Settled On

30-5-04 in NX as I found that 40 was a bit too much when I applied my typical output sharpening routine in CS3 as my last step in post.

Thanks for the recommendations :) 

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I tend to end up using the in camera sharpening as my first anti aliasing and keep it set at 5, then sharpen as needed for web, if not and at higher ISOs I use 30, 6, 3 as my D3 starting point, which is pretty similar to Andreas's and other settings,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.