D3 concert shoot - Sila & Ciclon

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Turkish pop-star Sila during the launch concert of her new album with the Colombian group Cyclon.

All images with the D3 & 70-200 VR, f2.8 or thereabouts, ISO 3200 - gotta love this combo for concert work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More on my pbase gallery http://www.pbase.com/vieripbase/sila_260408.

C&C as always are very welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  2. Very nice series - so very clean for 3200 iso, wow.

3. Very nice as usual Vieri! Great composition, great colors! The first and last shots are my favorites of the bunch.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Those are some great shots!

5. Thank you very much everyone :biggrin: indeed ISO 3200 on the D3 doesn't look too bad :wink: glad you enjoyed the show, thanks again.

6. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow, just WOW.

7. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: thank you very much!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

8. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Very good. Love the color. Very nice series. Looks like the D3 has no problem at iso3200.

9. wonderful images. #2 is very special. I dislike the stage lighting in some but the images you captured are GREAT (just being a muso myself I wanna beat the lighting guy senseless at times LOL).

10. Thank you Alan, very much appreciated - indeed the D3 works great in low (or no) light :biggrin:

Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed :biggrin: stage light there was basically a nightmare :eek:  as you said, many of these light guys would benefit from a nice beating at times... :biggrin:

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great Job!

12. Excellent work my friend........... looks like you are enjoying your new toy! :biggrin:

G :cool: 

13. Vieri...
    as always.... very nice work
    #s 1 and 2 are my favorites

i was going out to shoot my D3/70-200 tonight... but, nothing as interesting as this

turkish singer and colombian group....
    fascinating

thanks for sharing these terrific shots with us
    please post more often around here..... we miss you

14. Damn...3200 ISO...amazing.

15. Thank you Steve! :biggrin:

Hey Graeme! Good to see you - indeed for my concert work the D3 is the best thing after sliced bread (not that I tried to take pictures with sliced bread, of course... :biggrin:)  and I go to work with a much bigger smile on my face than I used to when I was using the D2x(s)... hope all is well with you!

Thank you very much Greg! :biggrin: yeah, this turkish-colombian combo apparently is working very well, you can hear their song(s) everywhere :biggrin:

Isn't it? :biggrin: I wouldn't imagine it possible, but Nikon did it - and did it big time, this time over!

16. i will have to search for their music
    thanks for your reply

17. Sure thing Greg - Sila's website is here, but is all in Turkish I think :wink: maybe a Google search will serve you better :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.