D3 Firmware Upgrade 2.0

G

Gary Mayo

I am having problems with the upgrade.

My camera now acts very slow thinking about what it just focused on.

The focus seems just as fast, but it lingers for a half a second (seems like 20 seconds) before it fires.

If I have it on machine gun, it just pauses before the first shutter release, then throws led just like it did before.

I used the camera all day Saturday at two zoos and it was fine. I did the upgrade today and ever after it is one slow duck.

Any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

G

Gary Mayo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought we needed to post at Photo Camel or DPR to get made fun of? lol

O well.

Further on in the sage of the D3 Firmware Upgrade: I am testing the camera now with the lens I used a lot at the zoos on Saturday, a 70-300mm VR. Maybe I am just expecting too much? Maybe nothing is different? It just seems to pause before every shot.

I wonder if I changed something else in the camera? I am better off not fussing with stuff. lol

Further on in the sage of the D3 Firmware Upgrade: I am testing the camera now with the lens I used a lot at the zoos on Saturday, a 70-300mm VR. Maybe I am just expecting too much? Maybe nothing is different? It just seems to pause before every shot.

I wonder if I changed something else in the camera? I am better off not fussing with stuff. lol
gary...
i really did test the camera VERY LITTLE after the upgrade
the focus seemed fine
the AWB seemed "awesomely" different

i will have a lot more time when my almost 2-week vacation starts in 38 hours
we'll have to see

i'm still not sure why your D3 is acting this way

what other lens(es) did you try?

I thought we needed to post at Photo Camel or DPR to get made fun of? lol

O well.

Gary,

What setting are you using for focus tracking (off, low, norm, long)? Perhaps that has an effect. Otherwise having VR on may also cause a slight delay, have you tried 'non-VR' lenses or turning the VR off (I'm guessing you have)?

Just a couple thoughts...

Sean

G

Gary Mayo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tried both VR lenses and non-VR lenses. I will check those settings, but I do not think I changed those.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom