1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3 firmware upgrade bug?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by mike mac, Jul 6, 2008.

1. I updated the D3 firmware this past week, yesterday I shot 4 baseball games, the AF when subject are backlit is better, I do see one bug I am not getting the blinkies when I have over exposed parts in my shot. I checked the display setting and it is set to show highlights. I even turned it off saved and then went back in and turned it on again and still no luc. Was wondering if any one else is seeing this since the update.

2. I have blinkies, but they now havetheir own screen. I think they added in a screen, which shows you blinkies and focus point, instead of having them on the screen where the black outline of the avail focal points is.

3. good pickup
    i hadn't noticed that
    funny how that "feature" of the upgrade wasn't mentioned

weird, actually

4. Mike, my "blinkies" are working too. I didn't notice until now that they have their own screen now. Thanks Gretchen :)  AF seems better too (hard to believe).

5. I just picked up on it yesterday, when I realized there were 2 "full screen views," one with the red rectangle, one with out. :biggrin:

6. The blinkies on their own screen was included in the previous update (the one that added the fast shutter speeds to Auto-ISO)... I haven't yet applied the new update but will soon, unless someone complains that things are now broken! :wink:

7. Tahnsk all for the messages, I appreciate it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.