D3 firmware upgrade bug?

I updated the D3 firmware this past week, yesterday I shot 4 baseball games, the AF when subject are backlit is better, I do see one bug I am not getting the blinkies when I have over exposed parts in my shot. I checked the display setting and it is set to show highlights. I even turned it off saved and then went back in and turned it on again and still no luc. Was wondering if any one else is seeing this since the update.

I have blinkies, but they now havetheir own screen. I think they added in a screen, which shows you blinkies and focus point, instead of having them on the screen where the black outline of the avail focal points is.

good pickup
i hadn't noticed that
funny how that "feature" of the upgrade wasn't mentioned

weird, actually

Mike, my "blinkies" are working too. I didn't notice until now that they have their own screen now. Thanks Gretchen :) AF seems better too (hard to believe).

Mike, my "blinkies" are working too. I didn't notice until now that they have their own screen now. Thanks Gretchen :) AF seems better too (hard to believe).

I just picked up on it yesterday, when I realized there were 2 "full screen views," one with the red rectangle, one with out. :biggrin:

The blinkies on their own screen was included in the previous update (the one that added the fast shutter speeds to Auto-ISO)... I haven't yet applied the new update but will soon, unless someone complains that things are now broken! :wink:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom