D3 FW bug?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Steve S, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I'm having trouble getting my images to display properly while shooting tethered to a tv monitor. This was not happening prior to the latest FW update. When shooting in Portrait mode, the images will not display vertically upright on my monitor. I've tried Auto Rotate On and Off, and Rotate Tall ON and OFF. Nothing seems to correct the problem. Am I completely missing something here? What's really weird is sometimes they do display properly, and the next time I connect during the same shoot, they don't.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    bump, does anyone have a suggestion?

3. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    I had the same problem when I tried to view images on a 46 inch LCD via the HDMI cable. I could not get images to show up vertical.

I think once you shoot an image in the non-rotate mode, it stays that way forever.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    It's a FW Bug I tell ya!

What's been happening lately, is sometimes the images will show on the back lcd as rotated for portrait orientation, and sometimes not. When they aren't, I'll take one more pic in portrait orientation, the playback is normal again...crazy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.