D3 & Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF(pic)

Took this yesterday at Belmont Park, Elmont NY. C&C appreciated

Click on image for larger view

_DSC0522.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey, I was there yesterday too...what this the race that ended 2/1/9? That triple paid almost $6K:eek:

Nice shot. Glad the new combo is working well for you.

Just noticed your location...reminds me of The Jerky Boys prank phone calls. Often times they used Middletown as their location.

Hey Mike /carauction

Two photogs clicking the 'same' image, rubbing elbows, side-by-side, as we.

Are the images markedly different?

You Betcha They Are!

D3 compared to D300?
FX vs DX?

Mike, it's always a pleasure to click the 'same' stuff. Comeraderie always yields better photos - for both of us.

You've exhibited that the D300 is the body I'll keep - for now!

For the images I seek, and the reach I need - the D300 delivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I took that shot too!
[

John, was your focus point on the rear two horses? If so, that Sigma looks really good. I was reviewing your focus zone at f4. Now I don't know for certain 'cause I cannot see how much the zone stretches behind the two horses, but if the zone was moved backwards(negative movement) by -1 or -2, you would have gotten the lead horse in better focus also. Of cause, I don't know if this was your intention or not.

I know that you made an adjustment at the track. Check this over

Excellent shot.

mike

Thanks all again...reply to Zee71 & scyfree

Zee, I do pan at lower shutter for more blur. Just getting acquainted to the gear right now. Thanks

scyfree, the focus with the D3 is a big winner. Still adjusting the AF fine tune in camera for my lenses. With the D3, accurate focus is a MUST. The images need a real fine sharpening, more so than the D300. W/O spot on accurate focus, all the sharpening in the world will not get a fine image.

This image is a bit OOF. However, I bought a remarkable sharpening plug-in..only $9, which appears to actually be covering up the OOF error a bit.

I feel that I am almost there with the 80-200. Just a bit more experimenting to go.

Thanks

mike

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom