1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3 on amazon at $4541!!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by rampal, Aug 6, 2008.

1. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
    :eek: :eek: :eek:  pick yours soon!!! I wish I had the money to.... :frown::frown:

2. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Wait till Christmas, I bet it will be under $4000

Oh and I know US1photo has it for $4099.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  3. What's the issue? The D1 was $5000 at one point with all it's glorious 3mp (rounded off). And that was cheap back in the day compared to what kodak was offering! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  4. I figured they would have a poor resellerratings.com rating, but was surprised to see they actually have a decent 8+ rating. I figured it was a bait and switch operation. That makes it harder to choose a D700 over a D3 when the D3 is selling just over $1000 more. Buy the grip for the D700, and the price difference is less than $800.:eek:  If I only had the $$$$

5. Outfits like US1 Photo have a worker who submits fake resellerratings.com feedback to pump it up. After a while if you read enough of them you notice the similarity in wording from posters who have only made a single feedback for all the stores on the site.

A friend of mine bought a Sigma 10-20 from them hoping for a good price. His copy had a tiny scratch o the glass and plenty of dust -- clearly not a new unit. He had to go through the stress of getting his credit card company to revoke the payment when they didn't respond in a timely basis. Eventually they did send him a replacement one and it seems fine, but to me the pain wasn't worth the savings.

6. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    I don't think the company is an authorized dealer for Nikon USA: http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/Authorized_Dealers/Nikon_AuthDealers.pdf

7. William

William Guest

I agree with Medic 1210.

If I didn't desire a smaller, lighter second FX body partly for remote positioning, definitely I'd try to get a second D3 with pricing headed down.

I 've shot Nikons for 38 years and I believe that the D3 is the finest camera I've ever seen. Sometimes, it's astonishing to look at what I can do with it compared to 10 years ago when I was using my F5- which I really enjoyed.

[If someone wants to sell a 24-70mm f/2.8 Nikkor at a reasonable price, please let me know? I miss mine.]

8. Just imagine what the D9 will be capable of in 7 or 8 years. :eek: 

9. B and H has it cheaper $4539.95 :) 

10. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    The Amazon price is now $4,539.88 with free shipping.

11. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The cheapest pricing, will almost invariably be grey market. It's not entirely bad sometimes, well as long as camera holds up well. But if you have service issues, lookout.

I think I'm set for a while with my setup. What will I do if and when a D3X is announced, I haven't a clue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.